Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 1.4 Beta 4: Filter Field and Keyboard Navigation Problem Continued (Read 1428 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 1.4 Beta 4: Filter Field and Keyboard Navigation Problem Continued

Hello,

I'm happy to say that the problem I described in this post has been fixed to a certain extent. Unfortunately, however, some problems related to it still exist or have just arisen.

If your layout includes the album list and you navigate the UI by pressing the tab key, once the filter edit box is focused it requires two consecutive presses of the tab key to get to the next element. If you than press shift + tab, the filter edit box receives focus just as expected. I think that this behavior is not optimal, but I think I'd get used to it if I had to. But sadly, this is not the only problem.

If the filter edit box has focus and you press the tab key only once, pressing shift + tab next completely freezes foobar. From my tests I have concluded that it makes no difference whether the filter edit box is blank or not. I hope this can be addressed. I haven't tested edit boxes found elsewhere (like the preferences dialog), but since many (if not all) filter edit boxes utilize the same code, it's likely that this issue is more spread.

In other news, my 1.3.17 conversion presets still don't show up in the right-click context menu. :-( More about that here.

Re: Foobar2000 1.4 Beta 4: Filter Field and Keyboard Navigation Problem Continued

Reply #1
Freezing bug confirmed, thanks for reporting. A new update will be out shortly.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Re: Foobar2000 1.4 Beta 4: Filter Field and Keyboard Navigation Problem Continued

Reply #2
Beta 5 posted, lockup gone.

I'm aware of the inconsistent tab order but I'm not sure what to do about it yet.
I can't make the buttons not reachable via tab cycle - while some of them such as 'clear' duplicate tasks that can be accomplished otherwise, some are essential such as ... in specify-folder edit boxes.

Reply #3
Amazing, thanks for such a quick update.
I confirm that freezing is gone. I have only tested the album list so far, but since I know from you that all filter boxes share the same code, it should be fine.

And as for the inconsistent tab order, if something can be done - fine, but if not, at least for myself I can say that it doesn't bother me all that much.

And one more thing. I just can't get the new "Maximum presets in context menu (0 to show all always)" converter setting to work properly. As a matter of fact it makes no difference what number I enter there - I never get any presets listed in the context menu.
In the previous beta I had it set to 100 to force foobar to display all my presets, but now I have just one conversion preset and 0 or 100, it just does not appear.

Reply #4
Argh, typo in the code. Time for yet another beta.

Reply #5
I only do simple scripting like PHP and AutoHotkey from time to time, but I know the feeling. :-D On the bright side, at least another bug is fixed. :-)
If U don't mind, I have a Masstagger feature suggestion - it seemed a bit pointless to start a whole new thread just for that.
Since there is an embed cuesheet option, could you add an option for doing the reverse as well? I have tried the remove field option, but it doesn't work. It's not essential and there are other tagging utilities that can do it, but could you give it a thought?
Many thanks.