Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why not make a android Foobar2000 app? (Read 1885 times) previous topic - next topic

Why not make a android Foobar2000 app?

foobar2000 now is the most popular PC music player in China, yes ,it's right.

more than 100,000,000 people in China ,their computer installed the foobar2000 and use it , I'm one of them.

But ,we havn't see one good enough music player In android.

---------------

Now Chinese people used more than 400,000,000 telephone,  1/4 are smart phones ,and 98% is android.

I wish the contributer can see this ,and one day ,I can use the foobar2000 in my HTC One X,Sony LT36h,and someone who used android phone to listen music~

sorry for my poor English.^^

have a nice day everyone.

one of the Foobar2000 fans in China~

Reply #1
Why not make a sticky to explain why their won't be an Androïd port. 
Maybe it would help avoid a new thread to pop out twice a month on the subject and only have a new thread once a month instead

Reply #2
whoisme007 - to not let you without any answer - foobar contains to many lines or Windows specific code. Tweaked, fitted, invented specifically to address Windows audio architecture. "Porting" it to Android will be just writing completely new application, using completely different interfaces, commands, libraries - completely different code. So maybe one of 100 000 000 Chinese, or just 100 of them have enough free time to just code it? Invent it on their own, with all the features they want... 100 developers might have enough design and code power to invent even better player than foobar... Remember - this application is coded in someone's else free time... Main app and all additional components. Think about it.

Reply #3
I understand it .

this is just a wish ~~

because of the bad android music player app all over the play store~~

I pay for the PowerAMP and Neutron MP,and not get a good enough music feeling...

so wish one day ,using the Smartphone,listen the foobar2000 ^^

Reply #4
I pay for the PowerAMP and Neutron MP,and not get a good enough music feeling...
A thousandth thread about porting foobar2000 was redundant enough, but unsubstantiated subjective claims about sound quality give even more reason to close this.