Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3270460 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI appearance

Reply #50
VS = visual style, like windows blinds skins, etc...

Columns UI appearance

Reply #51
A pretty simple design that I started from scratch and tinkered with ever since:

Columns UI appearance

Reply #53

I've been continuing to develop a config with Panel Splitter.  There is still work to be done on the mini mode, but it's coming together.

http://www.tgpo.org/images/tgpo3-small.png
1591x798

wow nice
what is the vs. please???
By the look of it he's using the Zune theme. It's free from MS. First result: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zune%20theme
It's official so you don't need to patch anything.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #54
Hi

I'm woking on my own config but i still need to figure out a few things so i try to take a look at other configs to see what is achievable.

ZeeJay your config looks great, if you don't mind i really would like to know how you managed to get those gradients on the playlist grouping and if the left panel is a track info mod panel.
Would be great if you would share you config!
I really need some good track info mod configs to learn from...

This is my WIP:

Since i listen mostly to albums but also use CD/DVD, Internet streams and have a few spare tracks i tried to work on some sort of grouping that recognizes the tracks and groups them automatically by Album, CD/DVD, Single track or Internet Stream. There are still many things to improve...
fooPDate is coming to town!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #56
Hey guys, there are some great foobars out there, nice work.

Over the past day I've been having a go at copying iTunes (just for the challenge really) as precisely as I can, and have so far come up with this:
[a href="http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=itunesfoobarim6.jpg" target="_blank"]

The next step would be adding in cover flow (not too tough) and album display (maybe a bit more tricky).

Would be good to hear your comments!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #57
I'm pretty happy with this latest attempt. I tried to strike a balance between function, simplicity, and aesthetics, and I, at least, think I succeeded. 

Columns UI appearance

Reply #58
I'm done with my config for the time being.  Here is the final version for now, complete with quick search and a working, functional seekbar.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #59
I'm done with my config for the time being.  Here is the final version for now, complete with quick search and a working, functional seekbar.

good work, have you resolve your pb of settings with WSH ?

will you share this config ?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #60
I second that, your config looks great tgpo.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #61
good work, have you resolve your pb of settings with WSH ?

It was the weirdest thing.  It all of a sudden started working.  I can't explain it, but I'm happy with it.

will you share this config ?

Sure thing.

Before I do though, I'm going to make it a little easier to configure for other systems.  That way the end user won't have to dig through code to change things.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #62
Simple, with lots of info visible, controlled by Screen Sharing on OS X (and Ultra VNC on the XP machine).  It works for me:

Columns UI appearance

Reply #63
mine, always my Ibiza config : ColumnsUI + Panel Stack Splitter

here is the v1.4 preview :

[a href="http://xs228.xs.to/xs228/08265/ibiza14preview221.png" target="_blank"]

Columns UI appearance

Reply #64
Well, here's my layout. It's simple but provides me with all I need

(Yes I realize the image is a bit large/wide but I wanted the layout to take advantage of my widescreen so...)

Please. Share your config. It looks great.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #65
Hi there!

I'm using foobar now for a while and began developing my first selfmade config for ColumnsUI with PanelStackSplitter/ELPlaylist now. Here's a first look:

[a href="http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=freeqbargr9.png" target="_blank"]

Some things I want to add in the future:

- seek- /volumebar with WSH-Panel (and get rid of the menu)
- ratings
- Artwork and lyrics panel (nearly done)
- song info with links to wikipedia etc using foo_run
- some decent album art browser (maybe using GraphicalBrowser)
- some better looking buttons
- mini mode and fullscreen mode

I don't know, when it will be done. Well, maybe I'll share it, if you're interested!

PS: Many thanks to tgpo for the idea to show the album art as the background of playlist groups!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #67

finally upgraded from 0.8.3 and nearly got my original setup back the way it was... just need to figure out how to do custom buttons

for comparison... here's how 0.8.3 has looked for me since 2005 http://jim7.home.insightbb.com/foobar/foobar3.png
- sig removed, no code allowed

Columns UI appearance

Reply #68
@necropimp: could you please post your statusbar config
and what font are you using for the columns?

thx

Columns UI appearance

Reply #69
font is arial unicode 7pt

statusbar code
Code: [Select]
$codec()' '
[%__lame_version%] [%__lame_profile%]
[%__mpc_profile%]
[%__bitrate%kbps ]['('%__bitrate_dynamic%kbps')' ][%__samplerate%Hz]' '
$channels()
[ %__extrainfo%]'   ¤   '
$if(%_time_total%,[%_time_elapsed%]' / '[%_time_total%],[%_time_elapsed%])
   A65300$progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%, %_time_total_seconds%,50,402000'█','█')
$muldiv(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,100,%_time_total_seconds%)'%'  RG Album: $if(%__replaygain_album_gain%,%__replaygain_album_gain%,No Replaygain Info) Track: $if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,%__replaygain_track_gain%,No Replaygain Info)
- sig removed, no code allowed

Columns UI appearance

Reply #70
ahh the progress is just a character

and the font doesn't look that nice with activated Cleartype :/

thx anyway
chiwou

Columns UI appearance

Reply #71

Columns UI appearance

Reply #72
Hi all!

Here's my first own Columns UI apperance

Columns UI appearance

Reply #73
Added a few things since my last post, and changed various things here and there due to it [the config] not looking exactly right when I moved back to XP from Vista...

@punkeye: I don't remember if I sent you my config or not (just moved, then summer came so my memory's all just a blur), so if I didn't just shoot me a PM and I'll send you a copy.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #74
simple... how i like it!
OOOOO!!! what's this button do!!!