Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2035684 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2650
there is no script inside the program for coverlib. Is there a possibility to add a script for this page?

The eCover.to script is the script for this site. They keep changing their name - before it was eCover.to it was cover-paradies, and now it is CoverLib, but it's the same database and the same art.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2651
there is no script inside the program for coverlib. Is there a possibility to add a script for this page?

The eCover.to script is the script for this site. They keep changing their name - before it was eCover.to it was cover-paradies, and now it is CoverLib, but it's the same database and the same art.

Thank you

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2652
i have tried to get some results with the search in ecover.to. But the program shows no results. Other scripts seems to work...

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2655
I've tried to use Google Image search (google.boo) script, and since it didn't worked, I looked up here in the forum, and used Alex's update with the old user agent hack - this worked, but: after two opened searches, the results stop coming. When I close and restart the app the search works again...for two windows. I know there were issues with Google Images before, but this one is rather strange, and I suspect the problem might be local.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2656
About the File Browser

The situation:
I got one folder containing hundreds of mp3 files of different artists and different albums as well. Some artworks are within the tag, other artworks are within the folder as jpg files - a nice cocktail with any possible combination. Therefore I use the option "Use ID3 tags from files".

Defining the path to find images:
I defined the absolut path including the format of the file name e.g. C:\Music\files to import\%artist% - %album%*.jpg (This would find a jpg file "Savage Garden - To The Moon And Back - Front.jpg" as long as the ID3 tag information is in propper shape. If the File Browser is used to get artwork for selection, this specified path and file name format will be used to save images found by AAD at the selected sources.

How the File Browser really works:
After countless hours of trial and error and reading the web it boils down to simple facts:
- If there is a "<0>" at the end of the line in the column "Artwork Status" an artwork saved within the tag was found
- AAD File Browser finds only ONE artwork (e.g. if there is an artwork saved in the tag it will not find any other files in the given location)
- If there are e.g. a "Front" and a "Back" artwork file within the search location only ONE will be found and showing up

It's kinda useless for this purpose and it would be really really nice to have a tiny little documentation about the syntax and restrictions of AAD.

Greetings
DaEddie

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2657

Hi DaEddie, thanks for your post.

I think the main restriction you have to bear in mind is that the file browser is only searching for albums that don't have art yet, so you can download it. It's not supposed to be a general purpose management tool for browsing or associating art with albums.

As you've discovered, filename<0> means an embedded image in that file. The syntax is simply the index number of the image embedded in the file, and as the file browser is just looking for any image, the first one found will be <0>.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2658
As you've discovered, filename<0> means an embedded image in that file.

Relating to that... It would be nice if the Artwork Status column sorted by the full text (it looks like it only sorts by Found or Not) so that all the embedded files would be lumped together. Similarly, it would be nice if the Dimensions column sorted by the full text (it looks like that sorts by the first one only, so a random 800x600 might get lost in a sea of 800x800s).

BTW: I love AAD and thanks for all your hard work!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2659
Is there a way to tell AAD to ignore embedded id3 artwork all together? I would like to use it to make sure I have folder images in each album for my collection.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2660
Is there a way to tell AAD to ignore embedded id3 artwork all together?

Only by using file pattern matching instead of ID3 tag matching - so only if your file and folder names are well organised. This can be set in the file browser "options" area.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2661
I just started using this a few moment ago. What is AAD browser?

One thing I have tried:
I browse my music collection in both Windows Media Player and Foobar. If I am missing artwork in Foobar, I can find the same album in WMP. Next, I go to a Wikipedia page for that album. Now, you just right-click on the artwork image, right-click "Copy Image". Go back to WMP for the same album, right-click on that album and "Paste Album Art". Now, the artwork will be view-able in Foobar as well as well as WMP. I'm not sure how it works, but it is very handy.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using an iPod Classic and I have a plug-in in WMP that allows it to "see" the iPod.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2662

I think the main restriction you have to bear in mind is that the file browser is only searching for albums that don't have art yet, so you can download it. It's not supposed to be a general purpose management tool for browsing or associating art with albums.

As you've discovered, filename<0> means an embedded image in that file. The syntax is simply the index number of the image embedded in the file, and as the file browser is just looking for any image, the first one found will be <0>.

I am using Foobar. When the above happens to me, the file browser does confirm that there is artwork for an album. However, Foobar does not necessarily display artwork for that album. I think I tried ticking the box for that album and searching for artwork. But, this seems to fail. One thing that happens is the downloader displays an error when trying to copy over "folder. jpg"? I can work-a-around using Windows Explorer. Why can't the downloader do this directly?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2663

I am using Foobar. When the above happens to me, the file browser does confirm that there is artwork for an album. However, Foobar does not necessarily display artwork for that album. I think I tried ticking the box for that album and searching for artwork. But, this seems to fail. One thing that happens is the downloader displays an error when trying to copy over "folder. jpg"? I can work-a-around using Windows Explorer. Why can't the downloader do this directly?

The downloader won't be able to overwrite folder.jpg if it is readonly, or if is is open in some other program, or if you require elevated (administrator) permissions to delete it. I don't know what your workaround is, so I can't comment on why the downloader can't do it. But I will say that I don't think it's appropriate for the downloader to remove a readonly flag, for example, if that's what the problem was.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2664
I am using the built-in Administrator account. I checked a few of the "folder.jpg" and they are not read-only. I even closed Foobar and retried. No go. As I said, if can do this in Windows Explorer, I don't see why the downloader can't do it? Error message: "Access to the path bla bla bla is denied"

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2665
I am using the built-in Administrator account. I checked a few of the "folder.jpg" and they are not read-only. I even closed Foobar and retried. No go. As I said, if can do this in Windows Explorer, I don't see why the downloader can't do it? Error message: "Access to the path bla bla bla is denied"

I don't know then. If Explorer isn't giving you the "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file / Continue" popup then it wouldn't be a UAC elevation problem. You've checked it isn't a read-only flag, so it isn't that. Any chance you are running Album Art Downloader as a different user than Explorer? Windows does funny things with admin accounts, so if you are running as admin then it's possible it still runs Album Art Downloader as User. You could try right clicking and Run As Administrator, which would tell you if it's a security permissions thing. If it is, then you could fix that by granting User permissions to modify your album folders. Or by always running Album Art Downloader as Administrator, I suppose.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2666

I don't know then. If Explorer isn't giving you the "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file / Continue" popup then it wouldn't be a UAC elevation problem. You've checked it isn't a read-only flag, so it isn't that. Any chance you are running Album Art Downloader as a different user than Explorer? Windows does funny things with admin accounts, so if you are running as admin then it's possible it still runs Album Art Downloader as User. You could try right clicking and Run As Administrator, which would tell you if it's a security permissions thing. If it is, then you could fix that by granting User permissions to modify your album folders. Or by always running Album Art Downloader as Administrator, I suppose.

[I am just curious sometimes when something on the surface does not make sense]
I am definitely running the downloader as admin. I also browsed to "AlbumArtDownloader" and found "AlbumArt.exe". Next, I accessed the Properties sheet for this. I ticked the "Privilege Level" to "Run this program as an administrator". I also tried a right-click "Run this program as "Administrator". No go. So, as I said before, on the surface it does not make sense.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2667
No go. So, as I said before, on the surface it does not make sense.
Then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Album Art Downloader is just reporting the error that the Windows API reports when it tries to delete that file. If Windows says No, then Album Art Downloader can only say No. With Access Denied there aren't any more details to be had, it's simply that the user account that Album Art Downloader is running under is not allowed to delete it.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2668
Well, we are both missing something. What that might be, who knows...

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2669
Could WMP be locking the file?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2671

does not work with Windows 10 Build 10240!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2672
According to the error message you need to enable .NET in Windows 10, see also here.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2673
old .NET Version!  better to create a new version! 

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2674
Hi all,
I can't run AAD on Win 10 Pro. It throws this error when trying to start the program. All .NET version are installed.
Any ideas?