Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opus 1.3.1 (Read 26591 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Opus 1.3.1

Reply #76
John at rarewares has just uploaded 32 bit and 64 bit compiles of Opus 1.3.1

https://rarewares.org/opus.php
I'm using that one and get abysmal results. Wondering is something is wrong. On long sawwave kind of pads/drones, it is kind of ducking/oscillating. Will show samples tomorrow as I'm still wondering if there's something wrong in my side. It's on fb2k convert "--quiet --bitrate 128 --vbr --music - %d" - I hear easily audible and annoying loudness instability, as in ducking, as popular in IDM, all over the place. EDIT: It's not in the opus->wav convert. Good, so it must be something wrong in the fb2k decoding process.

Reply #78
I'm using that one and get abysmal results. Wondering is something is wrong. On long sawwave kind of pads/drones, it is kind of ducking/oscillating. Will show samples tomorrow as I'm still wondering if there's something wrong in my side. It's on fb2k convert "--quiet --bitrate 128 --vbr --music - %d" - I hear easily audible and annoying loudness instability, as in ducking, as popular in IDM, all over the place. EDIT: It's not in the opus->wav convert. Good, so it must be something wrong in the fb2k decoding process.
Would be appreciated if you could share a sample file that plays incorrectly in foobar2000 yet decodes correctly using Opus tools.
Thanks.
We are the bork. Your software bugs will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Reply #79
Would be appreciated if you could share a sample file that plays incorrectly in foobar2000 yet decodes correctly using Opus tools.
Will do tomorrow, I'm definitely interested in what exactly was going on here.