Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 4 questions about album art (Read 1147 times) previous topic - next topic

4 questions about album art

1. Is there a plugin that can download high resolution album art? The plugins I’ve tried only produce medium res scans (~600px), whereas a high quality scan of 300dpi would be ~1,430px.

2. How do you switch between the different images (front.jpg, back.jpg) etc? I would expected to simply click on the image to view the next image in the folder, but clicking does nothing. Is my Foobar not working?

3. Is there any way to view the image full screen, perhaps launching it in your default image viewer? Again, I would have expected to simply double click the image to view it full-screen but this doesn’t do anything. (By the way, when I hover over the image the cursor becomes a hand, yet there is no action from clicking it?)

4. More often than not, album art is almost a perfect square but not quite. Is there any way to make almost square images fill the window rather than fitting in the middle and creating ugly little gaps top and bottom?

Thanks

Reply #1
1. Not a plugin but AlbumArtDownloader does this; you can set minimum pixel size
2. Right-click on Album Art Viewer element > select artwork; filename defaults are set in "File > Preferences > Display > Album art"
3. Haven't tried it but WSH Panel Mod may be a place to start
4. Right-click on Album Art Viewer element > uncheck "Correct Aspect Ratio"

Reply #3
3) the default UI artwork viewer locates images in windows explorer when double clicked. and there is no "hand" so i guess you must be using columns UI??

4. Right-click on Album Art Viewer element > uncheck "Correct Aspect Ratio"

the trouble with that is that it stretches the image. it might not be noticeable for most images but cropping the edges to maintain aspect would be better.

i do have a script for WSH panel mod meant as a replacement for defaultUI/columns UI artwork panels. it has the option to crop images and you can switch between front/back/etc using your mouse wheel as well as the context menu. double clicking locates the image in explorer. it also always prefers embedded album art if it exists rather than rely on the random behaviour of the core.

http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm - make sure you read the setup instructions.