Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD Requested Features List (Read 202510 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD Requested Features List

Reply #50
5 hours!? Crap. Doom. Past few weeks for naught. Might as well mow the yard.

Not with your overpriced, underpowered, single-button mower I hope.

Reply #51

5 hours!? Crap. Doom. Past few weeks for naught. Might as well mow the yard.

Not with your overpriced, underpowered, single-button mower I hope.
I wish! Gots this old cheapo that will not die. To be On Topic: XLD is making me hapy enough I do believe my Parallels setup's days are numbered.

Reply #52
Ability to switch between using both CD Paranoia II and III.

This will help everyone with comparison testing.

Edit - well that didn't take too long....

Reply #53
Ability to switch between using both CD Paranoia II and III.

This will help everyone with comparison testing.

Edit - well that didn't take too long....

I joked with tmkk that all I am doing is trying maintain and organize a suggested features list and I am having a difficult time keeping up with XLD feature changes.  tmkk is truly a gifted developer to update the software so quickly!

Reply #54
The check file with accuraterip does not seem to work correctly with Apple Lossless... Any ideas?

Reply #55
The check file with accuraterip does not seem to work correctly with Apple Lossless... Any ideas?

Could you describe the problem, please?

Reply #56

Could you describe the problem, please?

I've ripped an album as a single file (Apple Lossless) + cue.  The log tells me it was in the AR DB and that all the tracks were accurately ripped.

When I load this cue file up in XLD the "Check file with AccurateRip" function does not work as it should.  That is, it instantly pops up a dialog box stating the album is NOT in the AR DB.

Now if I use XLD convert this file to a Single FLAC, AIFF, or WAV and cue file it works just great.

Reply #57
The following changes to log report:
  • Indicate which version of CD Paranoia was used during ripping
  • Place all of the AccurateRip results at the bottom of the log report instead of underneath each  track listing similar to EAC.  This would allow quick review of AccurateRip results!
  • Indicate the setting of the "Strength of cache defeating ability" feature in the log report

Reply #58
I've ripped an album as a single file (Apple Lossless) + cue.  The log tells me it was in the AR DB and that all the tracks were accurately ripped.

When I load this cue file up in XLD the "Check file with AccurateRip" function does not work as it should.  That is, it instantly pops up a dialog box stating the album is NOT in the AR DB.

Now if I use XLD convert this file to a Single FLAC, AIFF, or WAV and cue file it works just great.

I don't use cue sheets, so obviously never noticed this problem. Please do let tmkk know about this.

Reply #59

I don't use cue sheets, so obviously never noticed this problem. Please do let tmkk know about this.

How do I go about contacting him?  I found an account on here by that name, but they have only made 1 post.  Is that him?

Reply #60
How do I go about contacting him?  I found an account on here by that name, but they have only made 1 post.  Is that him?
App's webpage has an email link.

Reply #61
XLD Version 20080916 adds the following features and improvements.  I will add the ones that were suggest by thread to the Addition of Suggestions and Development Explanations section of the list.  The improvements just keep coming!

Supported simultaneous codec conversion
Select "Multiple Formats" in the output format and check the preferred format in the option. Note that WAV, AIFF, PCM and WAVE64 is exclusive each other.
XLD now recognizes '/' (slash) as a directory separator in the filename format field
XLD creates folder automatically. You can save files in the preferred folder by its title, artist, etc.
Supported album artist (%A) and format name (%f) in the filename field
Added option to disable embedding cue sheet in FLAC and WavPack encoder
Integrated drive caching ability measurement routine of CDParanoia III 10.2
To measure, open a CD and choose "Measure Drive Cache Ability" in File menu.
Improved sample length detection routine of Apple Lossless decoder

Reply #62
XLD Version 20080916 adds the following features and improvements.  I will add the ones that were suggest by thread to the Addition of Suggestions and Development Explanations section of the list.  The improvements just keep coming!

Supported simultaneous codec conversion
Select "Multiple Formats" in the output format and check the preferred format in the option. Note that WAV, AIFF, PCM and WAVE64 is exclusive each other.
XLD now recognizes '/' (slash) as a directory separator in the filename format field
XLD creates folder automatically. You can save files in the preferred folder by its title, artist, etc.
Supported album artist (%A) and format name (%f) in the filename field
Added option to disable embedding cue sheet in FLAC and WavPack encoder
Integrated drive caching ability measurement routine of CDParanoia III 10.2
To measure, open a CD and choose "Measure Drive Cache Ability" in File menu.
Improved sample length detection routine of Apple Lossless decoder

One word: Holycrap!

Reply #63
There are a few outstanding issues regarding AR logging.

Here are some excerpts from this recent post:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=588543

Code: [Select]
X Lossless Decoder version 20080916 (91.0)

XLD extraction logfile from 2008-09-15 15:17:24 -0400

Various Artists / Whatever - The 90's Pop & Culture Box

Track 05
CRC32 hash : 77B4A906
AccurateRip signature : 664B49C6
->Rip may not be accurate.

Track 08
CRC32 hash : B6A08419
AccurateRip signature : 9286C262

Track 17
CRC32 hash : B72354FA
AccurateRip signature : 373933C8

X Lossless Decoder version 20080916 (91.0)

XLD extraction logfile from 2008-09-15 15:49:26 -0400

Various Artists / Whatever - The 90's Pop & Culture Box

Track 05
CRC32 hash : 4400BEBA
AccurateRip signature : 36D13166
->Accurately ripped! (confidence 6)
(matched with the different offset correction value;
calculated using an additional offset of 54)

Track 08
CRC32 hash : B6A08419
AccurateRip signature : 9286C262

Track 17
CRC32 hash : B72354FA
AccurateRip signature : 373933C8
These are two different rips of the same disc.  With track 5 there are two different checksums, so it would make sense that one of the rips can be verified with AR while the other can't.  On the other hand, tracks 8 and 17 appear to give identical results, though the AR reporting is not consistent.

Reply #64
Add the ability when using simultaneous codec conversion to choose the type of output for each format selected such as Include pregap, Exclude pregap or Save as a single file while having independent control of the Format of filename.  An example would be to rip a CD with the 1st format as FLAC file selecting a single file +cue with Format of filename output as %A/%T/%f/%T.  The 2nd format as an  AAC file selecting to Include pregap with the Format of filename output as %A/%T/%f/%n %t.  Both formats should have the ability to share common folders in Format of filename.

Reply #65
A Few New Requests:
  • Give us an option to automatically not use CD Paranoia when there is an AccurateRip DB entry present.  In other words it shoudl function how DBPA CD Ripper does...  Rip in burst mode first, then if there is a mismatch switch over to secure ripping.  Right now with my current drive I am seeing a rip speed of less than 2.0x
  • Eliminiate the multiple windows.  Having 3 windows open just to start ripping, edit metadata and monitor progress is rather annoying.
  • Allow album art to be automatically saved to output folder as a jpg instead of being embedded in output file(s).
  • Allow different naming schemes for single file vs multiple tracks.
Also, I don't have a cd on hand to test this with, but can XLD handle a pregap hidden track?

Also, I have emailed tmkk about the Apple Lossless + CUE bug(s)...  He tried to fix one of them in today's release but it is not working for me.

Reply #66
A Few New Requests:
  • Give us an option to automatically not use CD Paranoia when there is an AccurateRip DB entry present.  In other words it shoudl function how DBPA CD Ripper does...  Rip in burst mode first, then if there is a mismatch switch over to secure ripping.  Right now with my current drive I am seeing a rip speed of less than 2.0x
  • Eliminiate the multiple windows.  Having 3 windows open just to start ripping, edit metadata and monitor progress is rather annoying.
  • Allow album art to be automatically saved to output folder as a jpg instead of being embedded in output file(s).
  • Allow different naming schemes for single file vs multiple tracks.
Also, I don't have a cd on hand to test this with, but can XLD handle a pregap hidden track?

Also, I have emailed tmkk about the Apple Lossless + CUE bug(s)...  He tried to fix one of them in today's release but it is not working for me.

I added your feature suggestions to the list. I did not place you suggestion to allow different naming schemes for single file vs multiple tracks because I believe that suggestion is the same as the posted number 65 above.  If have misunderstood your suggestion and it is not the same as post number 65 I place it in the list.  Thank for your input nice ideas.

Reply #67
It's so wonderful to see development of this app progress. As far as feature requests, I would love to be able to convert whole folders and nested subfolders of audio files. Currently, you have to drop the audio files themselves on the application.

Also, since the option exists to have XLD add the file to the itunes library, there's no need to have a 2nd copy of the file. This occurs when itunes copies the file when adding to its library and then the file created by XLD is left over. It would be nice to have an option to automatically delete the second copy of the file that XLD creates if you have itunes set to copy files into the library. In other words, move the files to the itunes library instead of copying them.

Thanks for considering!

Regards!

EDIT: clarified my explanation of deleting files

Reply #68
It's so wonderful to see development of this app progress. As far as feature requests, I would love to be able to convert whole folders and nested subfolders of audio files. Currently, you have to drop the audio files themselves on the application.

Also, since the option exists to have XLD add the file to the itunes library, there's no need to have a 2nd copy of the file. This occurs when itunes copies the file when adding to its library and then the file created by XLD is left over. It would be nice to have an option to automatically delete the second copy of the file that XLD creates if you have itunes set to copy files into the library.

Thanks for considering!

Regards!

G-Force I added your feature suggestions to the feature suggestion list at the beginning of this thread.  I f  look you at the bottom of the first post of this thread you find all the new suggestions waiting for a reply from the developer on the feasibility of adding to XLD.  Thanks

Reply #69
Yes. Something is wrong with XLD's automatic AccurateRip check.

Here is a rip at the correct drive offset of 48:

X Lossless Decoder version 20080916b (91.2)

XLD extraction logfile from 2008-09-16 05:45:58 -0500

CAN / Ege Bamyasi

Used drive : PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-108 (revision 1.17)

Use cdparanoia mode    : YES (CDParanoia III 10.2 engine)
Disable audio cache    : YES (1/14)
Read offset correction : 48
Max retry count        : 100

TOC of the extracted CD
    Track |  Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  | 00:00:32 | 09:29:38 |        32    |    42744 
        2  | 09:29:70 | 04:47:37 |    42745    |    64306 
        3  | 14:17:32 | 05:35:50 |    64307    |    89481 
        4  | 19:53:07 | 03:32:13 |    89482    |  105394 
        5  | 23:25:20 | 10:31:62 |    105395    |  152781 
        6  | 33:57:07 | 03:05:38 |    152782    |  166694 
        7  | 37:02:45 | 03:04:25 |    166695    |  180519 

List of suggested offset correction values
        #  | Absolute | Relative | Confidence
    ------------------------------------------
        1  |  -100  |  -148  |      7   

Track 02
    Filename : /Test 6/02 - Sing Swan Song.wav

CRC32 hash            : 32D7B7E7
    CRC32 hash (skip zero) : 3B74814B
    AccurateRip signature  : 4F050E3A
        ->Accurately ripped! (confidence 15)
    Statistics
        Read error                          : 0
        Skipped (treated as error)          : 0
        Edge jitter error (maybe fixed)      : 0
        Atom jitter error (maybe fixed)      : 0
        Drift error (maybe fixed)            : 0
        Dropped bytes error (maybe fixed)    : 0
        Duplicated bytes error (maybe fixed) : 0

Track 03
    Filename : /Test 6/03 - One More Night.wav

CRC32 hash            : 34A884D2
    CRC32 hash (skip zero) : C5E3B2DF
    AccurateRip signature  : 8CFAAF7B
        ->Accurately ripped! (confidence 16)
    Statistics

No errors occurred

End of status report

Here I changed the drive offset to 49 and re-ripped, to see if the AccurateRip check feature is working:

X Lossless Decoder version 20080916b (91.2)

XLD extraction logfile from 2008-09-16 05:48:32 -0500

CAN / Ege Bamyasi

Used drive : PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-108 (revision 1.17)

Use cdparanoia mode    : YES (CDParanoia III 10.2 engine)
Disable audio cache    : YES (1/14)
Read offset correction : 49
Max retry count        : 100

TOC of the extracted CD
    Track |  Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  | 00:00:32 | 09:29:38 |        32    |    42744 
        2  | 09:29:70 | 04:47:37 |    42745    |    64306 
        3  | 14:17:32 | 05:35:50 |    64307    |    89481 
        4  | 19:53:07 | 03:32:13 |    89482    |  105394 
        5  | 23:25:20 | 10:31:62 |    105395    |  152781 
        6  | 33:57:07 | 03:05:38 |    152782    |  166694 
        7  | 37:02:45 | 03:04:25 |    166695    |  180519 

List of suggested offset correction values
        #  | Absolute | Relative | Confidence
    ------------------------------------------
        1  |    48  |    -1  |    16   
        2  |  -100  |  -149  |      7   

Track 02
    Filename : /Test 5/02 - Sing Swan Song.wav

CRC32 hash            : CEAE0E0C
    CRC32 hash (skip zero) : 77CD99FF
    AccurateRip signature  : 7AB73CDF
        ->Accurately ripped! (confidence 15)
          calculated using an additional offset of -1)
    Statistics

Track 03
    Filename : /Test 5/03 - One More Night.wav

CRC32 hash            : 06E2DC29
    CRC32 hash (skip zero) : 79098D2F
    AccurateRip signature  : 5D7A2D6E
        ->Accurately ripped! (confidence 16)
          calculated using an additional offset of -1)
    Statistics

No errors occurred

End of status report

The CRCs are different because the tracks were ripped using different offsets. This part is correct.

Here's the problem: the second log says that the tracks "matched with the different offset correction value; calculated using an additional offset of -1." This seems correct, but the AccurateRip signatures in the second log are completely different from the ones in the first log. They should be the same.

What causes the different AccurateRip signatures in the second log? This makes no sense.

First log:
Track 02 -  AccurateRip signature  : 4F050E3A

Track 03 -  AccurateRip signature  : 8CFAAF7B

Second log:
Track 02 -  AccurateRip signature  : 7AB73CDF

Track 03 -  AccurateRip signature  : 5D7A2D6E

Reply #70
G-Force I added your feature suggestions to the feature suggestion list at the beginning of this thread.  I f  look you at the bottom of the first post of this thread you find all the new suggestions waiting for a reply from the developer on the feasibility of adding to XLD.  Thanks

Thanks for adding my requests. Along the same lines as my first suggestion, it would also be nice to be able to drag files from itunes to XLD to start the encoding process.

Regards,

Reply #71
Would anybody be willing to work with me on a UI mockup?  I have some ideas I've been playing aroudn with but I'd like some input from others, too.

Reply #72
hello, can anyone please tell me if xld re-encodes mp3 files splitted from a big mp3+cue set?
are they 'losslessly' split or are they re-encoded??

couldn't find the answer anywhere, thanks in advance.

Reply #73
hello, can anyone please tell me if xld re-encodes mp3 files splitted from a big mp3+cue set?

couldn't find the answer anywhere, thanks in advance.

If you have compliant cue sheet that is correctly associated with the MP3 file XLD will allow you to convert it into another format. 

No. Unless you convert the file you want to split into a lossless format.  Be advised you will never be able to reconstruct the original MP3 that has been encoded but if you choose a lossless format it will preserve what you have left of the original MP3 you wish split thus being closer to the source file.

Reply #74
This is going way off-topic, but yes it is possible to losslessly split an mp3 file without re-encoding.  You're likely going to break the bit reservoir, but it works.  Provided you don't modify the split tracks in a way that the changes cannot be perfectly undone, they can be recombined giving back the original mp3 file.