Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rescan only a selected folder needed badly (Read 2650 times) previous topic - next topic

Rescan only a selected folder needed badly

I'm making this post based on the assumption that there is no way to rescan a selected folder in the album list.

My music collection is made up of 155,000 songs. (55,000 mp3's, 100,000 game music files). Rescanning my entire media library takes forever. Probably about 15 minutes or more (total guess). It would be nice if there was a way to rescan only a certain folder I select in the album list. Is there a way to do that?

Reply #1
[deleted]

Reply #2
Isn't this sort of what Playlist Bind does?

Afaik this songs are not added into the libary.

As a workaround you could first remove the folder from the libary using the "Remove from Libary"-Command in the AlbumList-Kontextmenu and then readd this folder per Drag&Drop. It's the way I do.

Reply #3
I'm pretty sure that playlist bind does add songs to the library, it just doesn't remove duplicates or deleted files. I've been using it as a workaround until the proper folder monitoring plugin arrives and it's been extremely useful.