Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1362287 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #1975
THANK YOU!
I stumbled across this the last hours, but forgot about the solution :-) ... I just disabled the album fetching, but that did not help!
Now, its working as you described. Fair enough!

Reply #1976
Hi zoomorph,

in addition to the above, I found out, that when the option "[ ] Fetch" (for Album art) is disabled, the "[ ] Fetch all available art" should be greyed out or not selectable, because nothing is done, when fetching is disabled ;-)
cheers,

Reply #1977
Hi zoomorph,
in addition to this post,
here is another example. clicking any release (for "moving pictures") will always go to the master release.

cheers,
Attached file fixes this issue. It also opens releases in the browser as discogs.com/x/release/RELEASE_ID instead of discogs.com/release/RELEASE_ID since Discogs appears to be biased against the latter (it's very slow, and often times out).

[attachment=8455:foo_discogs.zip]

is this official release or beta or what? if I check updates on foobar nothing, foobar component page nothing? why are the updates only sneakingly updated here in the forum? what's going on? I remember how discogs plugin had updates every month or so but for MONTHS nothing?

Current version
1.55, released on 2015-03-25

almost 2 years ago? so please explain what is going on? what is the official latest release? 1.55?

Reply #1978
The Version I'm using is unknown, because there is no version info in it. 

But its a BETA, downloaded from the forum here in one of the posts above from zoomorph.
I guess, its the latest beta, but who knows ;-)

Zoomorph seems to enjoy the new year and the good weather. He did quite a great work on this component, so now its time for us to beta-test the software, which is running ok, but still need some improvement, tough.

We write our problems or whiches/feature-requests here so he can read them, when he has time. I guess, he's a guy like us, who does help us out in his spare time and needs to earn money the way we do ;-)

So lets hope, he finds some time the next months ;-))

enojy.

Reply #1979
The DISCOGS_RELEASE_NOTES tag does not seem to get written properly - it strips out anything in parenthesis.

e.g.
    Flute [Alto] – Mwile Bennie Maupin* (tracks: C1 to C3)
    Guitar – Ray Parker Jr. (tracks: D1, D2)
becomes
Flute [Alto] – Mwile Bennie Maupin*; Guitar – Ray Parker Jr.

Is there a way to get the full details?

Reply #1980
just my 2 cents:

Flute [Alto] – Mwile Bennie Maupin* (tracks: C1 to C3)
    Guitar – Ray Parker Jr. (tracks: D1, D2)

Assuming, you are refering to this release: http://www.discogs.com/Herbie-Hancock-The-Warner-Bros-Years-1969-1972/release/7215373

For me, after tagging some files with the release above, all the DISCOGS_RELEASE_NOTES tags look the same:
Box set. Discs are housed in cardboard sleeve vinyl replicas. Includes 32-page booklet.

Mastered [...] at Wolf Studios

Fat Albert Rotunda:
Hancock Music Co.
Tracks 1-8 & 1-9: Warner Bros. Single 7358
Recorded at Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
℗ & © 1969 Warner Bros. Records

Mwandishi:
Hancock Music Co.
Tracks 2-4 & 2-5: Used for promotion only. Previously unreleased.
Produced [...] for Fillmore Corporation - a Hancock Records, Inc. Production
Recorded at Wally Heider Recording Studios, San Francisco, California
℗ & © 1971 Warner Bros. Records

Crossings:
Tracks 3-1 & 3-4 Hancock Music Co.
Tracks 3-2, 3-3 & 3-5 Benpin Music
Tracks 3-4 & 3-5: Warner Bros. Single 7598
Recorded at Pacific Recording Studios, San Mateo
Moog and Mellotron recorded at Different Fur Trading Company, San Francisco
A product of [l614455], San Francisco
℗ & © 1972 Warner Bros. Records

Box:
This compilation ℗ & © 2014 Warner Bros. Records
Made in the EU.
The setting for DISCOGS_RELEASE_NOTES in the "Edit mappings dialogue" here is the default: %RELEASE_NOTES%

Is there a way to get the full details?

Please note, that you might be referring not only to the release *notes*, but to the release *credits* as well (bold headers on the dg-website, like companies, credits, notes, barcode, reviews), which will be written to the DISCOGS_CREDIT_* tags via the component for *each* track the info belongs to, AFAIR, so it writes the credit tags only to track C1, C2, C3, and D1, D2. Take a look at the DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS Tag, for the corresponding tracknumbers, too.

Reply #1981
sorry, my last post was wrong and confusing - my %DISCOGS_RELEASE_NOTES% is written just as it displays on the Discogs page (with linebreaks and formatting); same as your Hancock example above.

What I meant was <DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS> which I have mapped to %DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS%

example: http://www.discogs.com/Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-Electric-Ladyland/release/399579

The actual data:
    Art Direction – Ed Thrasher
    Engineer – Eddie Kramer, Gary Kellgren
    Liner Notes – Jimi Hendrix
    Photography By [Back Cover Photo] – Karl Ferris
    Photography By [Black-and-white Photos] – Linda Eastman
    Photography By [Liner Photography In Part By] – David Sygall
    Producer, Directed By – Jimi Hendrix
    Written-By – Noel Redding (tracks: B1)
    Written-By, Arranged By – Jimi Hendrix (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D2, D4)

What gets written to %DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS%:
Art Direction - Ed Thrasher;Engineer - Eddie Kramer;Engineer - Gary Kellgren;Liner Notes - Jimi Hendrix;Photography By [Back Cover Photo] - Karl Ferris;Photography By [Black-and-white Photos] - Linda Eastman;Photography By [Liner Photography In Part By] - David Sygall;Producer, Directed By - Jimi Hendrix;Written-By - Noel Redding;Written-By, Arranged By - Jimi Hendrix

I'm hoping to have it written just as it displays in the actual data (with linebreaks etc)?

Reply #1982
It seem to me that the free text field(s?) in the Format section are not collected (and not written to RELEASE_FORMATS_DESCRIPTIONS) with the beta version.

Reply #1983
Hi,

I have a hard time with the new scripting. :-[ I want to multivalue all the people tags (artist, album artist, in group etc.). Right now, with what I think is the latest version (posted last november by Zoomorph), I only have the various credits tags multivalued. How can I extend this to any tag?

Reply #1984
How could I tag single files that have no metadata? Some of my tracks have the album field wrong, or missing entirely. If I try to tag them with foo_discogs I have to open the web browser, go to the artist's page, and use the brilliantly amazing recently-introduced Artist Search Form to look for the song. Then I eventually find which releases this track is on, so that I can return to the foo_discogs dialog and shamefully copy-paste a long number. Like it's the 30s and the telephone system is the hottest thing around.  :(

Maybe there's a good reason why this feature isn't already in foo_discogs, of course, and I don't know about it. If there isn't, please think about putting it in.

Thanks, and I apologise for my frustration!

Reply #1987
It's inconvenient, but you can circumvent this by searching for the release on the Discogs site, then copying and pasting the release id into the tagging interface. It's only search which has been affected by the change to enforcing https.

If zoomorph is AWOL, is there anyone else who could branch his code and make a usable copy of the plugin?

Reply #1988
@frogworth

I tried your method but I still get the authentication error after getting the ID myself and pasting it in the ID field.

PS. All? I read there was one or more updates posted beyond 1.55 in this thread but all of the links turn up dead. Anyone know if there's a newer version and where to get it?

Reply #1989
Erik-Martijn Kasimier has already the correct pull request to zoomorph's bitbucket repository. (It's a difference of three bytes 8) )
An update is available as soon as somebody manages to compile.
Me personally, i downloaded the repo and tried to open the solution file in VS2013 yielding this error:
Code: [Select]
C:\Temp\foo_discogs\foo_discogs.vcxproj : error  : Unable to read the project file "foo_discogs.vcxproj". 
C:\Temp\foo_discogs\foo_discogs.vcxproj(39,5): The imported project "C:\foo_discogs.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
I'm too busy to get all dependencies satisfied in my VS and even then i'm a noob who would need another day to get a grip on what was once "make & install". Your help much appreciated.

Meanwhile,
@frogworth,
thanks for the tip!

Reply #1990
Hello ,

I am trying to tag music files using the Discogs component but I receive the following error :

" OAuth is now required to use most of the Discogs API. Please confiqure OAuth. "

Do you know what I must to do ?

Thanks,
George

Reply #1991
Hello ,

I am trying to tag music files using the Discogs component but I receive the following error :

" OAuth is now required to use most of the Discogs API. Please confiqure OAuth. "

Do you know what I must to do ?

Thanks,
George

u should read the last 5 posts

Reply #1992
@frogworth
I tried your method but I still get the authentication error after getting the ID myself and pasting it in the ID field.

Hm, do you have OAuth already setup? I'm on version 1.55 myself and it's still working for me - including fetching album art. I don't have artist art enabled...

Hopefully someone can compiled the plugin with Erik-Martijn Kasimier's pull request included soon :)

Reply #1993
Hi all,

The old version, 1.55, has been increased to 1.56 with the fix for HTTPS.

The new beta version with a fix for HTTPS is attached to this post.

Reply #1994
thanks; the new versión is working very well

Reply #1995
I install the new version but the problem is still remain.

Reply #1996
nvrmind.... got it working... thanks very much for the update

Reply #1997
Having an issue here. I have an account and can generate and authorize the PIN CODE, but I cannot get step 2 to generate the token and Secret. Any help would be most appreciated. Using Version 1.56 Compiled Mar 18 2016.

Edit: I got it working. I think what I was doing was pressing the Authorize button after the PIN CODE was copied in the box. When all I needed to do was place the PIN CODE in the box, then go to the next step to generate the TOKEN.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #1998
Need some help, I'm trying to avoid duplicating of Artist artwork and run into the following problems

1.  I cannot get the artwork to go to the specified folder (hardcoded, no use of formatting strings, just a plain path). Instead it always goes to the same location as the cover i.e. $directory_path(%path%)

2 And for the life of me I cannot seem to capture the artist names... I've tried every variable I can think of

%artist%
%<ARTISTS_NAME>%
%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_NAME>%

but all I get is an underscore even though the same variables are already present as tags...

And a general question: What on earth are those variables in the middle column of the Tag Mapping dialog supposed to do?
I've left everything as default but when I examine the tags that get added all I see is the names that are in the 1st column of said dialog. I don't see the names of the middle column appear anywhere else apart from those in the formatting strings for artwork.

So my question is basically, how to use them?

Reply #1999
OK, From what I understand from the help file, the middle column is supposed to format the values as they will be written to the ones in the first column.

However, the 'new' defaults seem to create a totally different format from what I have as old formats.
None of the arrays are present as arrays anymore, they all get formatted as a single string where each value is just separated by a comma. As a result my track info pane no longer shows any of the information for Discogs info retrieved with the new version.

Also, even with the newly gleaned knowledge, I still cannot manage to capture the artist name in creating the Artwork name, nor will it go anywhere else if I hardcode a path but in the same folder as where the album art gets saved.

EDIT: Also have a slight problem with the tag mappings dialog. It remembers its size in the same session, but not the position, so most of it appears off-screen at the bottom when I re-open that dialog because it opens with its top in the center again. The buttons have a Z-order problem too. When the dialog opens and I haven't yet moved the mouse, the groupbox border covers the buttons in the top-right. Only after hovering over these do they come to the top of the Z-order

EDIT2: And what appears to be a bug(?) when I use the "Update Tags" context entry on a newly retrieved set of tags with only two tags set to Write+Update I get the following error dialog

"invalid stoi argument"