Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AudioWorks 1.0.0-beta1 is now available (Read 4120 times) previous topic - next topic

AudioWorks 1.0.0-beta1 is now available

AudioWorks is an open-source, cross-platform, multi-format audio conversion and tagging module for PowerShell.

This is my totally cross-platform replacement for PowerShell Audio, which I released a few years back. It now works on Windows, MacOS and Linux, runs faster, and includes hundreds of other improvements.

Formats currently supported:
  • Wave
  • FLAC
  • Apple AAC (Windows and MacOS)
  • Apple Lossless (Windows and MacOS)
  • Lame MP3
  • Ogg Vorbis
  • Opus

Re: AudioWorks 1.0.0-beta1 is now available

Reply #1
I've created a new Wiki entry here as well, and updated the PowerShell Audio entry to indicate that it is end-of-life.

Why PowerShell?

I work in IT. We use PowerShell at work all the time to automate tasks. I'm also an audio enthusiast - I have a huge archive of lossless files that I find myself frequently transcoding into AAC, MP3 etc. with different settings for different devices. Sometimes I want cover art. Sometimes I want the albums copied chronologically and then alphabetically to a USB key (hey, some car audio systems have weird requirements). PowerShell makes this sort of thing really easy. Or it would, if there was a module for dealing with audio files. So I wrote one.

This is a beta, so please test before entrusting your whole library to it! Feedback desired and appreciated.