Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WAV to APE via BAT file ()How to do it?) (Read 3675 times) previous topic - next topic

WAV to APE via BAT file ()How to do it?)

I'm trying to find info that'll allow me to create Monkey's Audio files from WAV files via a BAT file, but can't find any info here about it, or on the web. Does anybody know how to do it?

Re: WAV to APE via BAT file ()How to do it?)

Reply #2
You compress with a bat file the same way you convert on command prompt. How complex a file you need depends on what you are trying to achieve. Here's a sample script to convert dropped files to APEs into the same directory where the WAV files are in.

Code: [Select]
@echo off
:loop
mac.exe "%~1" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.ape" -c2000
shift
if not ."%~1"==."" goto loop

Reply #3
Created a BAT file with the info you provided, and it worked. I was able to modify it so that the command prompt box stayed around until I closed it by adding two lines at the end:

@echo off
mac.exe "%~1" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.ape" -c3000
shift
:end
pause

I found, though, that if I added the -v command, it converted without verifying at all. I ended up having to create a seperate BAT file just to do that.

@echo off
mac.exe "%~d1%~p1%~n1.ape" -v
shift
pause

Is there a way to combine the two into one BAT file that creates, then verifies an ape file? If not, I'm perfectly happy with using the two seperate BAT file to do everything.

Reply #4
You can add the verification line 'mac.exe "%~d1%~p1%~n1.ape" -v' after the compression line.

Reply #5
Ended up with this:

@echo off
mac.exe "%~1" "%~d1%~p1%~n1.ape" -c3000
mac.exe "%~d1%~p1%~n1.ape" -v
shift
pause

And I got this result:

--- Monkey's Audio Console Front End (v 4.40) (c) Matthew T. Ashland ---
Compressing (high)...
Progress: 100.0% (0.0 seconds remaining, 5.2 seconds total)
Success...
--- Monkey's Audio Console Front End (v 4.40) (c) Matthew T. Ashland ---
Verifying...
Progress: 100.0% (0.0 seconds remaining, 6.3 seconds total)
Success...
Press any key to continue . . .

Finally, it works! Thanks for the assistance, guys.