Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "windows 2000 is better than windows XP" (Read 3644 times) previous topic - next topic

"windows 2000 is better than windows XP"

While reinstalling, consider "downgrading" to 2000 :-) You'll get a more stable and faster system which uses less ram - the price is that it won't look that trendy.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #1
While reinstalling, consider "downgrading" to 2000 :-) You'll get a more stable and faster system which uses less ram - the price is that it won't look that trendy.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No.

Simply no.

There is no way I would pick a Win2000 box over a WinXP SP2 one.

No way.

Reply #2
Seriously, anti-XP FUD is getting boring. I even compared performance of Windows 2000 and Windows XP on same underspecced machine long ago, properly configured XP didn't exactly use more memory or respond slower. The remote desktop feature alone is enough of a reason for me to never go back to Windows 2000. More than that, Windows 2000 lacks builtin firewall, so if you go online with a fresh install without external NAT/firewall, you'll get virused faster than you can download relevant software to protect yourself.
Your claims about stability are nonsense too, I easily had 130 days uptime on Windows XP machine.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.