Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC on Win10 - process launched, no GUI (Read 2709 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC on Win10 - process launched, no GUI

Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this. When I go to launch EAC, the process starts (pulling up Task manager, current processes, under EAC.exe (32bit)), but the GUI does not.

What I've tried so far:

Upgrading it.
Uninstalling/Reinstalling (w/removal of reg keys)
Going back to older copy
Grabbing a copy of wnaspi... you know the one, and placing it in the two folders.
Verifying that my drive works (yes, that should have been first :P )
Running as Admin
Various compatability modes

I'm out of ideas. I'm on Win 10 Pro - 1803

T.I.A.

Re: EAC on Win10 - process launched, no GUI

Reply #1
You probably need a older version Visual C++ Redistributable Package.

Reply #2
I would also check security/antivirus logs/lists for any limits on the exe.
korth

Reply #3
I checked my logs. Norton seems very comfortable with EAC as it does it's "safe" notification for the install file.

I will pursue the C++ package idea. I don't know exactly where I would install it. I'm fairly sure I don't want to downgrade my C++ package for the system.

Alright I have 4 2005s (two not named and assumed to be 32bit and two 64bit) , 8 2008s ( mix of 64bit and x86 ), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2017 (looks right just one 64 and x86). So unless I'm missing a year, I'd have to say that the multitude of 2005s and 2008s is an issue, but would like some confirmation before I begin to prune.

Reply #4
Well, I pruned to no avail. EAC will no longer run on my PC.

Any suggestions for a replacement? I rip in FLAC.

T.I.A.

Reply #8
My first preference is now CueRipper because it's easy to setup and use.    But, it seems to fail quite a bit (I forget the failure message but it just stops).    When that happens I go back to EAC.

I know this doesn't help you, but I've got EAC on at least one 32-bit Win10 system, and on a couple of 64-bit Win10 systems and it's working.

Reply #9
Hello! I'm not sure I'm going to be much help, but I just thought I'd chime in; I'm using EAC on Win 10 home, 64-bit.

I find that EAC can be sluggish to start up and actually show the GUI on screen. Probably a really obvious/dumb suggestion, and by no means suggesting you haven't already; but have you tried giving the program several moments to appear?

Last night I finished ripping a CD and then noticed I had two instances of EAC running when I switched back to it; guess I must have thought I'd missed clicking it the first time when it didn't spring up on-screen and ended up opening a second instance, oops...! ;)