Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SuperDisc (Read 2913 times) previous topic - next topic

SuperDisc

Does anybody know any details about this yet?: http://www.monstermusic.com/superdisc.asp

From the FAQ:
"Insert the DVD into your computer and locate the folder labeled "digital music files." You will find two subfolders, one for Windows® and another for Mac®. The Windows folder contains WMA files in stereo or Dolby® Headphone. The Mac folder contains AAC files in stereo and Dolby Headphone surround. These are already "ripped" directly from the masters so you can drag the files into your favorite music software or portable music player."

SuperDisc

Reply #1
Read the press release yesterday, but have no other information. The article made no mention of any DRM schemes, which I take as a good thing.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

SuperDisc

Reply #2
From the FAQ:
"You will find two subfolders, one for Windows® and another for Mac®. The Windows folder contains WMA files in stereo or Dolby® Headphone. The Mac folder contains AAC files in stereo and Dolby Headphone surround. [...] so you can drag the files into your favorite music software or portable music player."
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337934"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can we ? Yeah, I supspect most of us can. But what's the point of having WMA/AAC files on a portable that only plays mp3 files ?

Especially the pushing of WMA is gettin' on my nerves.

SCNR

Sebi

SuperDisc

Reply #3
Nah, the answer is easy - you are expected to buy a portable player which properly plays WMA or AAC..... its so much better anyways....... like, you can get CD-quality at 64kbit and it can manage your digital rights........ umm, wait a min....
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

SuperDisc

Reply #4
I just want to know how I am going to get surround sound in my truck?  Two speaker surround sound??  Is this possible?  How does the sound file know how many speakers it is playing through??

I am skeptical.  I think they are selling something.   
Nov schmoz kapop.

SuperDisc

Reply #5
I am skeptical.  I think they are selling something.    :cool:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338061"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not just sell something. They also want to cheat you into consuming the way THEY want you to consume. Its the same old story: the customer shall to comply with the demands of the merchant, instead of the other way around.

If it would be about the customer demands, then this cd-format would contain mp3s plus multichannel AACs.

Since this is not the case, why do you think did they choose the two most popular audioformats which allow DRM? Why do you think they choosed WMA for windows and AAC for mac, mirroring the two most popular online-music-store schemes?
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.