Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any setting to make foobar continue playing one (Read 4522 times) previous topic - next topic

Any setting to make foobar continue playing one

Its a fairly simple matter, really, but it's fairly annoying because I have the habit of browsing through my other playlists while I'm listening to music, then if one song ends while I'm browsing another playlist it switches and starts playing from the playlist I'm viewing.  I looked through all the preferences and couldn't find any option for it, I was just wondering if I missed something or if there's any way to lock foobar into a playlist until I specifically tell it to play another, that would be my preferred way of doing things.
Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Playback > Uncheck 'Follow Cursor'
f to c to f to c

Reply #2
Playback > Uncheck 'Follow Cursor'
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=242283"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haha. Thanks very much.  Man even after you posted that I searched through the preferences trying to find that option.  It wasn't in the Playback section so I looked through every option twice... finally found it in the dropdown menu 
I appreciate it.

Reply #3
sorry to revive this very old thread but i have this same problem. only when i uncheck 'playback follows cursor' it will just check itself again after the current song has ended...

Reply #4
Open Preferences (Ctrl+P) and untick the "Playback follows cursor" box located in the Playback settings. Click Apply then click OK.

Reply #5
Open Preferences (Ctrl+P) and untick the "Playback follows cursor" box located in the Playback settings. Click Apply then click OK.

I do exactly this, but when i start browsing my library it just checks itself on again.

Reply #6
Sorry to revive this old thread, i've looked for almost an hour and haven't found anything other than this related to my problem. I have the same issue as the OP, but playback follows cursor is not and was never turned on. I'm sure it is related to "library tree", but I've tried changing the settings for it and nothing seems to work. I just need to find a way to be able to open another artist/album in a playlist without that playlist becoming the new active playlist when the song ends.

Reply #7
Try unchecking the 'Preferences/Media Library/Selection playlist' boxes.

Additionally, look for similar preferences at the options page of whatever library viewer you are using.

Reply #8
I have this problem as well. I think it started a few weeks ago, possibly after I installed the final 1.3.1 beta, but I can't be sure. No matter what I do, it spontaneously turns on.

I've gone through every preference page for every component several times, and I see nothing that would cause this behavior. In particular I checked settings for SimPlaylist, Facets, Playlist Organizer, Album List, and Playlist Attributes, as well as the core Display/DUI/Playback/Advanced prefs. I even checked the Keyboard Shortcuts.

In my latest attempt, I turned it on in the Playback preferences, restarted, turned it off again, and restarted -- in hopes that the setting would "stick" -- and when I looked at the Playback menu, "Playback follows cursor" was checked again. As usual, the Playback preferences page shows that it's disabled.

I really don't think this is simply a setting that I accidentally clicked one day.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #9
Do this:

1. Remove Playlist Attributes (right-click on its entry in the components list and choose "Remove." Your settings will be remembered after you re-install) and restart foobar.

2. Remove the tick next to "Playback follows cursor" and engage playback and verify that the setting is not reverting.

3. Re-install Playlist Attributes, engage playback and check to see if the setting has reverted.

I can recall a few others experiencing this behavior while Playlist Attributes is installed although I don't know exactly what settings and/or sequence of events trigger the behavior.

Reply #10
That seems to have fixed it! Thanks, BenB. It was driving me crazy.

Y'know, I've used Foobar2000 for 11+ years, and I think this is the first time I've been vexed enough by a problem to ask for help.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.