Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fun with the spectrogram visualisation (Read 32407 times) previous topic - next topic

Fun with the spectrogram visualisation

Just some fun with the new spectrogram:

Reply #4
Thanks for the new beta

@ The Link, from what song is the image after the Aphex Twin image?

Reply #5
TuNk77: The 2nd image is the result of a custom-made audio file using some software where you can specify a picture as template for what should appear in the spectrogram display (it wasn't me who created it and I forgot the url of the page you can get the software from (google?)).

Reply #6
TuNk77: The 2nd image is the result of a custom-made audio file using some software where you can specify a picture as template for what should appear in the spectrogram display (it wasn't me who created it and I forgot the url of the page you can get the software from (google?)).

Coagula? I have that, great fun.

Quick question, do I need to be running the default UI to view the spectrogram etc? I'm using panels at the mo...

Edit: Answered my own question- you can!

Oh and it looks completely awesome, thanks to the devs, I'm going to use full screen like a screensaver.

Moderation: Replaced large image by thumbnail and link.

Reply #7
Which FFT size do you use?

Reply #8
Is it possible to feed a recording input from the mixer into foobar? Specifically, to use a source, such as the radio tuner on an amplifier as the source for visualizations ?

Reply #9
The Mahler 6/ 4th movement ending "shocking" spectrogram... A groundbreaking hammer while you feel safe

Reply #10
Which FFT size do you use?

I use 4096. The highest one is a bit blurry, and there's not much detail on the lower ones.

Super You by Boredoms:

Also, I just found the add new colour option. Now to develop a good taste in colours. (Spiderwort and Dragonfly by Government Alpha:)

Reply #11
@TomBarlow, can you please post the RGB code for the colors?
Thanks in advance

Reply #12
This should also be possible in Audition 3  It's also fun to draw manually in songs
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #13
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to any and all who developed this and the other swell visualization goodies now in FB2K.

The others available, in case you haven't noticed 'em like I had 'til recently:
View > Visualizations > [ Oscilloscope, Peak Meter, Spectrogram, Spectrum, VU Meter ]

They're all available in toolbar, freestanding window and full-screen modes. Nice! 

Reply #14
Also, I just found the add new colour option. Now to develop a good taste in colours. (Spiderwort and Dragonfly by Government Alpha:)

indeed. I'm partial to having the first colors dark, and the last two white, as it pulls out patterns well. To wit:

Reply #15
I was playing around with the colors and i came up with these:

The image is from the Nine Inch Nails song "The Warning"

Reply #16
indeed. I'm partial to having the first colors dark, and the last two white, as it pulls out patterns well.

I do that as well. It's not so much of a luxury as it is a necessity, with the rendering change made to the spectrograph from 9.5.1 to 9.5.2 -- it's not as bright anymore, though the mad upward streaking has been eliminated.

I don't like rainbow colours much, so I've mine set to a monotone, portisheady scheme.

http://pliv.com/things/foobar_spectrum.jpg (440k)

The sad irony is that with the fullscreen window option, I don't need the Winamp-wrapper Schpeck anymore, even though its author deserves much kudos.

Reply #17
I was playing around with the colors and i came up with these:

The image is from the Nine Inch Nails song "The Warning"

can I have your exact RGB for that?

that one looks like adobe audition's default.

Reply #18
Sure thing Bioret
0,0,0 - 0,0,255 - 255,0,128 - 255,255,128 - 0,255,255.

Reply #20
@TomBarlow, can you please post the RGB code for the colors?
Thanks in advance

Hey sorry for not getting back, they're:

0-0-0, 0-0-119, 79-210-0, 255-255-0, 255-0-0

I like your Pretty Hate Machine-ish colours though!

Reply #21
Chiptunes!

we was young an' full of beans

Reply #22
[a href="http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beztytuupa6.png" target="_blank"]

*50% CPU utilization /Opteron 185 

Reply #24
I have 32 green hues(+black).

(BTW. I really miss a disable screensaver feature for the visualisations.)