Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_powerpanels (Read 225855 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #50
I was having the same problem. I'll probably add to the right of it a button similar in design with the progress bar and with which I could set the volume to 100%. Problem is I can't find a function for setting the volume at a certain value. I guess calling "Volume Up" once or twice would do it.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #51
Can anyone check if they have the same problem with the hotkeys(not working) as me?
I use the latest foobar version in XP sp2.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #52
@z-x
maybe making the panel bigger will help. think about it this way: if the panel is 50pixels you can probably only address 50 different volume settings...

@Smirra
also using XP SP2 and it works fine here.
sometimes i get hotkey problems, but not reproducable and that was already before i used powerpanels. and clicking in the scpl makes the hotkeys work again.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #53
@Smirra
also using XP SP2 and it works fine here.
sometimes i get hotkey problems, but not reproducable and that was already before i used powerpanels. and clicking in the scpl makes the hotkeys work again.

Something tells me that it's other plugins that are "fighting back" and making them usable again... I might be wrong. Bcuz when i encountered the problem i had pretty much just the progress bar. And when i tried to replicate it as clean codewise as possible i was only using just that plugin.
It can also be that u don't use the 0.9.5.1 version as u haven't given any detail about what version you use of foobar!

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #54
i am using foobar version 0.9.5.1
if at all it might depend on the panels ui version that you are using. i'm running 0.14.9, and i have been using 0.13.8 and 0.14.12 without noticing this problem.

maybe only certain shortcuts are affected? i only tested if opening the preference page works...

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #55
i am using foobar version 0.9.5.1
if at all it might depend on the panels ui version that you are using. i'm running 0.14.9, and i have been using 0.13.8 and 0.14.12 without noticing this problem.

maybe only certain shortcuts are affected? i only tested if opening the preference page works...

I think the key to this problem is the playlist u were talking about. If u have a playlist panel going i think it will reenable the shortcuts.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #56
Does anyone use the seek panel vertically? It seems that it interprets the beginning at the top, which is awkward for the layout I'm designing.

Elsewise, I love this plugin!

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #57
New guy here.  I'm working on touching up my config and the last thing that I need is to make my progress bar clickable.  After that, I'll be set.

But, I'm having some trouble getting powerpanel set up to work right.  I'm really not sure where the code should go and how to match up the powerpanel seek panel's position with my progress bar.

Here is the code for my progess bar from my Track Display.

Code: [Select]
$if(%isplaying%,
$puts(progress,$muldiv(%playback_time_seconds%,$sub(%_width%,24),%length_seconds%))
$drawrect(10,85,$sub(%_width%,20),6,brushcolor-null pencolor-86-106-160),)
$ifgreater($get(progress),0,$padding(9,85)$drawrect(3,2,$get(progress),2,brushcolor-130-160-240 pencolor-nulll),)

I'm not sure what other info is needed, but if any of you guys could help out, it would be great!

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #58
Hello,

from http://borgusiek.neostrada.pl/foobar/:
Usage is pretty straightforward, all you have to do is to put
Seek Panel at the same position as your progress bar.

$panel(SeekPanel,Seek Panel,xpos,ypos,width,height,)

If you are using it in a vertical orientation, the seek panel may be "Reversed" (top of the bar is beginning, bottom is end) when clicking to seek on it, unless I've missed some option.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #59
Hello,

from http://borgusiek.neostrada.pl/foobar/:
Usage is pretty straightforward, all you have to do is to put
Seek Panel at the same position as your progress bar.

$panel(SeekPanel,Seek Panel,xpos,ypos,width,height,)

If you are using it in a vertical orientation, the seek panel may be "Reversed" (top of the bar is beginning, bottom is end) when clicking to seek on it, unless I've missed some option.

I guess specifically my two questions are:

Do I put $panel(SeekPanel,Seek Panel,xpos,ypos,width,height,) in with my Track Display code?

and

How do I get the info for xpos, ypos, width, and height?

Thanks for any help!

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #60
according to your code
$if(%isplaying%,
    $puts(progress,$muldiv(%playback_time_seconds%,$sub(%_width%,24),%length_seconds%))
    $drawrect(10,85,$sub(%_width%,20),6,brushcolor-null pencolor-86-106-160),
)
$ifgreater($get(progress),
    $padding(9,85)$drawrect(3,2,$get(progress),2,brushcolor-130-160-240 pencolor-nulll),
)

which means
If foobar is playing
   store variable "progress" as (playback time in seconds*the width-24) / Length in seconds
   and draws a rectangle at (10,85) that is (width - 20) long by 6 tall outlined by the color 86-106-160

then it checks in the that variable "progress" is longer than 0 and adds padding (9,85) to a rectangle placed at (3,2) that is as wide as the "progress" variable updating each second (assuming this is in the // PerSecond section of the config) with a height of 2

You are missing the $panel() part of the config which draws a transparent box to your specs, and allows you to click on it to seek to different places. I recommend

$panel(SeekPanel,Seek Panel,10,85,$sub(%_width%,20),6)

That should be pasted under the // PerTrack portion of the config. probably near the end of it before the // PerSecond part. I took those coordinates from the first drawrect function

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #61
according to your code
$if(%isplaying%,
    $drawrect(10,85,$sub(%_width%,20),6,brushcolor-null pencolor-86-106-160),
)
$ifgreater($get(progress),
    $padding(9,85)$drawrect(3,2,$get(progress),2,brushcolor-130-160-240 pencolor-nulll),
)
which means
If foobar is playing
   store variable "progress" as (playback time in seconds*the width-24) / Length in seconds
   and draws a rectangle at (10,85) that is (width - 20) long by 6 tall outlined by the color 86-106-160

then it checks in the that variable "progress" is longer than 0 and adds padding (9,85) to a rectangle placed at (3,2) that is as wide as the "progress" variable updating each second (assuming this is in the // PerSecond section of the config) with a height of 2

You are missing the $panel() part of the config which draws a transparent box to your specs, and allows you to click on it to seek to different places. I recommend

That should be pasted under the // PerTrack portion of the config. probably near the end of it before the // PerSecond part. I took those coordinates from the first drawrect function
Great!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  It's great learning stuff.

Unfortunately, it still does not seem to be working.  I can't tell that there is a transparent box anywhere.  Being that it's transparent does, in fact, make it hard to see. 

Here is my code in its entirety.  Any suggestions???
// PerTrack

$imageabs($sub($div(%_width%,2),512),0,vista1\back1.png,)
//$imageabs2(40,40,,,,,2,2,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg,)

// PerSecond

$drawrect(0,124,%_width%,10,brushcolor-244-244-244 pencolor-null)

$if(%isplaying%,
$drawrect(10,85,$sub(%_width%,20),6,brushcolor-null pencolor-86-106-160),)
$ifgreater($get(progress),0,$padding(9,85)$drawrect(3,2,$get(progress),2,brushcolor-130-160-240 pencolor-nulll),)

$if(%_isplaying%,

$font(calibri,13,bold glow-130-160-240 glowalpha-80,250-250-250)
$alignabs(0,6,%_width%,30,center,)%Title%

$alignabs(0,30,%_width%,20,center,)
$font(calibri,9,bold glow-130-160-240 glowalpha-80,250-250-250)%artist%

$alignabs(0,47,%_width%,20,center,)
$font(calibri,8,glow-180-180-180 glowalpha-50,220-220-220)from 
$font(calibri,8,glow-130-160-240 glowalpha-60,180-220-250)"%album%"

$alignabs(0,64,%_width%,20,center,)
$font(Calibri,8,glow-180-180-180 glowalpha-50,220-220-220)
$if($strcmp(%play_count%,0),
Playing song for first time,
$if($strcmp(%play_count%,1),
Song played %play_count% time','  ,
Song played %play_count% times. Last )
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),1),Tuesday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),2),Wednesday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),3),Thursday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),4),Friday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),5),Saturday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),6),Sunday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),7),Monday', ',)
at $right($left(%last_played%,16),5))

$button2($sub(%_width%,16),8,0,0,10,13,
'$font(Calibri,8,glow-75-80-120 glowalpha-70,250-250-250)',
'$font(Calibri,8,glow-75-80-120 glowalpha-170,250-250-250)?',1 - Track info Mod,)

$imageabs($sub($div(%_width%,2),38),10,neo2\wmp1.png,)
)

Thank you so much for your help.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #62
full requoting isn't quite necessary when replying directly after

You should now be able to click on the boxes you drew earlier to seek!

The point of it being transparent is so you can see through the panel placement to the image or rectangles.

Hope this helps .

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #63
Ha, just trying to be thorough. 

When I click on my progress bar (supposedly where the transparent seek bar now is), nothing happens.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Any suggestions anybody?

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #64
can't see what your doing wrong^^^^

only thing i can't think of is make sure nothing is on top of it, so put it down the bottom of your code....

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #65
Man, I've moved everything around and nothing seems to change.  I just don't know what it could be.

I definitely welcome any other suggestions though, so if anybody has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks for your help Walterrrr and randmdood.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #66
sorry it didn't help.. if i think of something I'll let you know
maybe try setting the height to somehting insanely big click around and see if it works, maybe somethings positioned incorrectly (even though it looks right). try getting the newest version and using that if your not already.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #67
Man, I've moved everything around and nothing seems to change.  I just don't know what it could be.

I definitely welcome any other suggestions though, so if anybody has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks for your help Walterrrr and randmdood.

Try to put the powerpanels panel in the 'root' panels ui panel and the trackinfo in a seperate panel (before the powerpanels panel)... It's worth a try I think
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #68
Here's simple example of a progress bar. Maybe it helps.

Main PanelsUI window code

$panel(CustomizableSeekbar,Track Display,20,70,200,20,)
$panel(SeekPanel,Seek Panel,20,70,200,20,)

Then pick the CustomizableSeekbar panel in the list, click settings and enter this code in that Configuration window

$puts(progress,$muldiv(%playback_time_seconds%,$sub(%_width%,0),%length_seconds%))
$drawrect(0,0,%_width%,%_height%,brushcolor-50-50-50)
$ifgreater($get(progress),0,$drawrect(0,0,$get(progress),%_height%,brushcolor-50-50-200),)

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #69
Hmmm, after reading these last few replies, I think I might know what the problem is.

Although, I do have the PanelsUI component, I am using ColumnsUI.  So, while I am able to alter settings of PanelsUI and such, only what is changing is the settings I alter in ColumnsUI. 

I'm not quite sure how different UIs work together, but I feel that this might be the problem.

Am I on track with this?  If so, dang, I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time.  Additionally, if this is the case, is there anything I can use with ColumnsUI that will function in the same manner?

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #70
Um, thats the problem! Powerpanels do not work with Columns UI.

You could base your UI on Panels and use most of the functions of Columns UI as panels f.e. columns playlist / NG playlist / playlist switcher... then you could have the powerpanels functionality.
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #71
Man, what a doof!  I apologize to all.

Unfortunately, I finally have my ColumnsUI set up just like I want it and I'm just not sure that being able to use powerpanels would be worth moving over to PanelsUI. 

Thanks to all for your help.

It would be great if there were something similar to powerpanels' functionality for ColumnsUI.  But, I am content to settle for now.  Maybe when I get some time, I'll look into moving over to PanelUI.

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #72

Any news on this?

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #73
any chance for update with the "metadb_display_hook" issue?
Thinking Outside The Box

foo_uie_powerpanels

Reply #74
Does anyone have a mirror or alternate download link? The site's down...