Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Reply Off-topic"? (Read 3071 times) previous topic - next topic

"Reply Off-topic"?

I'm a big fan of off-topic discussions - most of my posts tend to go there. Would it be possible to add another button "Reply in Off-topic forum" next to the normal "Reply" button? It would encourage people to stay on topic in the ongoing thread and fork off all other remarks to the appropriate forum, thus hopefully giving less work for the moderators. Another effect (which is my reason to ask for it) is that it hopefully will lead to more interesting off topic discussions.

"Reply Off-topic"?

Reply #1
A more appriopriate name would be: 'Reply with a New Thread in Off-topic forum '

It should add the link to thread to the main thread.

But then Off-topic might become overloaded with single responses...
ruxvilti'a

"Reply Off-topic"?

Reply #2
If we look at alot of posts many have off-topic stuff in them and tend to turn into a different thread altogether halfway down the first page. However many of us are guilty of causing that.

"Reply Off-topic"?

Reply #3
That's ok, we can rely on the moderators to split the thread...

"Reply Off-topic"?

Reply #4
Is it so hard to go to the off-topic forum and post your off-topic comments?

That's ok, we can rely on the moderators to split the thread...

I would rather not encourage ppl to just rely on the mods to do the work for them because they are too lazy.

Really I don't see the point why you want to waste our time, either by adding a function to post automatically in the off-topic forum from another location, or by posting off-topic forcing us to split topics.

This request seems rather silly to me.

"Reply Off-topic"?

Reply #5
Is it so hard to go to the off-topic forum and post your off-topic comments?

How often have you seen a thread fork to the Off-topic forum by a normal user rather than a split by a mod? I can't remember any actually. But I'll start doing that from now on then.