Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dolby Headphone Wrapper DSP (Read 336444 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dolby Headphone Wrapper DSP

Reply #227
Click the "32-bit" link on the download site:

Reply #228
Is there going to be a version of this plugin for 64-bit foobar2000? I'm planning on switching to 64-bit after v2.0 final comes out. My concern is that this might not be possible since the required Dolby Headphone dll is 32-bit... I don't know much about coding, but is it possible for such a thing to work? Thank you.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #229
If the plugin conversion never happens, you can try a different effect combination out right now to see if that would be a suitable substitute.  For example, the built-in "Upmix to 5.1" DSP into the now-free jb_isone_pro_surround.dll VST (https://plugins4free.com/plugin/2069/).  The latter is 32-bit but the Foobar VST adapter will handle either/or on the Foobar v2 in use.  I have used the Dolby wrapper and found it pretty inflexible compared to this alternative.

Reply #230
If the plugin conversion never happens, you can try a different effect combination out right now to see if that would be a suitable substitute.  For example, the built-in "Upmix to 5.1" DSP into the now-free jb_isone_pro_surround.dll VST (https://plugins4free.com/plugin/2069/).  The latter is 32-bit but the Foobar VST adapter will handle either/or on the Foobar v2 in use.  I have used the Dolby wrapper and found it pretty inflexible compared to this alternative.
I don't really use Dolby Headphone all the time - I have a different crossfeed I like for most music. But sometimes I like the sound of Dolby Headphone specifically, like when I listen to the music from Deus Ex or some other things. Having Dolby Headphone on the 64-bit version would just be really nice, even if there are alternatives that are technically better.

Reply #232
Dolby Headphone is the best 3D DSP for diffuse field calibrated headphones (like Sennheiser HD600, HD650, Etymotic) for neutral sound imo. Dolby Atmos is awful on diffuse field calibrated headphones.

Reply #233
In the event that a 64 bit version of this were made, is there even a 64 bit dolby headphone dll that it could work with?

Reply #234
For 5.1 audio files, the Dolby Headphone Wrapper does not accept SL SR for the surround channels.

The FB2K console prints a message that the plugin cannot process audio beyond 5.1 channels.

AC3/DTS 5.1 will not work with Dolby Headphone Wrapper, unless you remap SL SR to BL BR with matrix mixer.

The VU meter should show only 2 output channels when the plugin is working properly.