Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 220111 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_quicksearch

Reply #400

Hi,

I seen no other comments about this.

Would it be possible to have the ability to enable case-insensitivity to the search for the extended search? The others seem to work fine.

See GIF.
https://giant.gfycat.com/DeepPlumpDrake.webm
 I'll think about it  .. but quite busy on something else atm
 Any update on this?

I managed to get around this by using $caps2(%album%) but it's not the best solution.

Also, is there any chance you could have a setting to ignore certain characters in the filter such as:
Code: [Select]
-
_

I've been using:
$caps2($replace(%album%, ,-, ,–)) but it's not very trustworthy seeing as there's no regex title formatting functionality in FB or I could use something like this:
$caps2($regexp(%album%, ,\W))

which would ignore all but a-z and A-Z characters in the search box.

Reply #401
$caps2($regexp(%album%, ,\W))

which would ignore all but a-z and A-Z characters in the search box.
Not wanting to sound picky but \W will not ignore the underscore (_), and digits for that matter

Reply #402
 It is a little picky considering regex is not even possible and yes, that's true. I was in a rush giving the example which was just to show (an example).

Reply #403
i'm sorry if i'm being dense but does quicksearch allow you to exclude search results?
i am trying to create a playlist that does not include items that do not have ## in the %title%
is this possible?

Reply #404
Can I display Quicksearch form as a element of top menu rather than as a separate window?
I don't know what you mean exactly with "a element of top menu". You would need the Columns UI in case it is this.

Apart from that, in both the DUI and the CUI foo_quicksearch can be used not only as a popup instance (what you do not like) but also as an element integrated into the UI.

Default User Interface's Layout Editing Mode

I have Quicksearch toolbar incorportated in DUI as an element. I think it is restricting the width I can re-size my Foobar2000 window to. When I maximise the window with the quicksearch toolber in the layout, it enlargens but not fully. If I remove the quicksearch element from the layout then I can re-size the window however I like, and the maximise button works as expected.
Am I doing something wrong or a setting I am missing maybe?

Reply #405
Hi guys,

anyone knows why it's not possible (at least for me) to add new entries to context menu? Are there restrictions to Windows 10 nowadays? Only artist, album and title are added to context menu by default, but selecting a different query in quicksearch preferences and activating context menu for it doesn't add it and gets instantly deactivated again.

Thanks i.a.!

EDIT: Ok, i just noticed, that after every change in preferences i have to press "change"-button for it to work... SORRY! ;-)

Reply #406
According to component wiki
If "Set Focus to search results" is not selected in the preferences page, navigation in the selected results is available through the "Up" and "Down" arrow keys.

That does not work for me. Up/Down just move the caret inside the search field. I am wondering whether I misunderstood the feature. Is it applicable to inline playlist search? What I want to do is go through the list of matches highlighted in playlist using keyboard.

Reply #407
What I want to do is go through the list of matches highlighted in playlist using keyboard.
I don't think it's possible.

Not the same thing but you can (at least in ColumnsUI) put all the highlighted quick search results within a playlist together by starting dragging (mouse) first highlighted track. Meaning: start dragging (up or down) and release the left button once a line (above or below) appears, without actually dragging the track to a different position.

Reply #408
EDIT: Ok, i just noticed, that after every change in preferences i have to press "change"-button for it to work... SORRY! ;-)

I've been fooling around with QS for half and hour and couldn't figure out why nothing could be modified...finally saw your post...this is like having to hit Apply twice.

Anyway, my real question:  how can you add the equivalent of the toolbar's database search to the context menu?  This would yield partial results.  I can add a QS for, say, Brian Eno, but all I get are exact matches, not Brian Eno And David Byrne, or Brian Eno & Harold Budd, or Brian Eno & John Cassell, etc.

I asked much the same question 9 years ago...second time's the charm, I hope!  Love QS.

Reply #409
any chance of an x64-version or recommended alternative?

Reply #410
For the "Quicksearch for same..." contextual menu, check playlist tools (my sig).

But it would be great to have this one ported to x64 since it offers a lot more of functionality for media/playlist searching.

Reply #412
I've knocked up a quick and dirty context search There are zero options, no toolbar, just 6 menu options which create autoplaylists.

They should need no explanation except that the selection must be a single item.

This is for fb2k 2.0 only.

https://marc2k3.github.io/files/foo_qsearch.fb2k-component

edit: Just uploaded a fixed version which doesn't search for empty strings.

another edit: I didn't mention it originally but it can pick up artist/title when listening to radio streams.

Reply #413
The above link is now dead, it has a more permanent home (and source) here...

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_qsearch/releases

1.0.2 adds an advanced preference where you can choose whether or not to switch to the newly created autoplaylist automatically.

(File>Preferences>Advanced>Tools>QSearch)

Reply #414
:-)

There is always another wishlist, feel free to ignore: begins with. That is,
ARTIST IS <string>*

(Leading/trailing asterisk-or-not makes for four possibilities and HAS covers "both" ... but I think "begins with" is more needed that "ends with".)

Reply #415
:-)

There is always another wishlist, feel free to ignore: begins with. That is,
ARTIST IS <string>*

(Leading/trailing asterisk-or-not makes for four possibilities and HAS covers "both" ... but I think "begins with" is more needed that "ends with".)
Maybe people didn't noticed it.... I mean if people want to reinvent the wheel, great

But as I said all that was already implemented on Playlist tools. With possibility for  tags expansion (works for multi-value tags, and all of them must match), ASCII equivalences for title, etc.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Works on multiple selected tracks

Tag remapping "Same Artist as Composer"

Also your "begin with" suggestion.

And expressions may be freely configured, and even complex expression created (like same ARTIST and RATING > 3).*
* I'm silly and the gif cut the entry list, but... essentially you may add, reorder or remove any entry menu. Thus allowing to save your own presets, the same than Quicksearch.

Reply #417
The 3 posts preceding mine were all about 64bit. One of them was yours.
Obviously until SMP is not ported to 64 bit it doesn't matter. My post was about porting the entire plugin, not a portion already coded and improved.

Just saying that you are spending time in creating something from scratch that already exists, but it's your time. Considering JSP is already on 64 bits, it would take [you/anyone] essentially some minutes to just copy/paste and adapt my code, since the only relevant  SMP methods use are GetQueryItems, GetLibraryItems and EvalWithMetadb.

Reply #418
I've knocked up a quick and dirty context search There are zero options, no toolbar, just 6 menu options which create autoplaylists.

They should need no explanation except that the selection must be a single item.

This is for fb2k 2.0 only.

https://marc2k3.github.io/files/foo_qsearch.fb2k-component

edit: Just uploaded a fixed version which doesn't search for empty strings.

another edit: I didn't mention it originally but it can pick up artist/title when listening to radio streams.

Hi :) marc2k3
Thanks greate component (QSearch).

I want to use the following settings more easily.
I want to switch easily.
For example, put it in the context menu.

Preferences > Advanced > Tools > QSearch
-Create Autoplaylist
-Create Autoplaylist and switch
-Open Media Library search window

Thanks
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #419
ARTIST IS <string>*

Looks like wildcard search is borked in fb2k v2. That will need fixing first.

I want to switch easily.

I'm not adding menu options but I will make it so that holding the shift key while selecting a menu item always opens the search window. That way, you can choose one of the playlist settings in the preferences and then leave it alone.

Reply #421
Hi :) marc2k3

Very convenient.
Thanks for the other components.
Many Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #422
Very nice !!!
It would have been nicer not to hijack this thread.

Reply #423
@NEMO7538 , you there?

If you cannot build it for x64, then maybe someone else can make use of the source. Has happened to other components.

I'm thinking about a port to 2.0 / 64 bits ... when I have time and courage.
Thanks for your patience.