Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme (Read 77708 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme

Reply #250
Hi @Ottodix I absolutely love your Eole theme - i've been looking for a comfy, sleek dark theme with all the utilities and tools I want for ages and so far Eole is possibly the best I've found. The only issue I have with it is that all the context menus from right clicking are still white/grey rather than turn dark when I change the theme colour. Is there any way I can change this to make the menus dark?

Reply #251
Hi @Ottodix Is there any way I can change this to make the menus dark?
Hi! And thanks for the nice words.
Nope, you can't. Probably with foobar v2, you will be able to set foobar theme to dark and then have dark context menus, but I didn't test it, and eole probably won't work with foobar v2. I'm not in a hurry to test and do the required updates, other thinks on my plate

Reply #252
There should be no problems with it working in 32bit fb2k v2.

However, performance may take a hit and anything depending on the existence of foo_playcount / displaying ratings via script will probably be broken.

foo_playcount is obsolete in v2 and playback statistics are built in. So if you had clickable ratings that write file tags if foo_playcount is missing, that would always happen because the condition would always be false. But %rating% would not display content from file tags because playback statistics takes it over. You have to use %rating% for playback statistics and $meta(rating) for file tags. This applies to everyone who may not have a clue what foo_playcount did previously as it's now global whether you like it or not.

Reply #253
Ok, thanks. If it's just a matter of %rating% vs $meta(rating), it's quite easy to change.

"performance may take a hit". Globally? Why that? Is there a specific mecanism/feature of v1.6 which will be slow on v2?

Reply #254
Sorry I should have been clearer. It's basically iterating large handle lists / title formatting that is going to be slower. It shouldn't effect anything else.

Although these SDK release releases are for developers, they kind of apply to script authors too (metadb_v2 section).

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Development:SDK_2022-08-10_Release_Notes#metadb_v2

Reply #255
Ok, thanks, it's much clearer

Reply #256
For the Playlists view, I've changed the first filter from Genres to Composers, including the "Label" field, yet "Genres..." still shows in the title/search bar at the top of the column. I did the same thing in the Library view, but there, "Composers" does show up in the dropdown menu and title field once selected from the menu. Is there any way to get the desired label to show up in Playlists?

Reply #258
Is there any way to show embed arts like back, artist and cd besides front on 'now playing' tab?

Reply #259
Hello.
First off, I really appreciate your hard work. Eloe is really awesome looking skin. But I found it makes Foobar to launch very slow. Every time I launch it, it takes around 20 sec. Before I installed Eloe, it was opened immediately. Of course, I understand it could be the both side of the edge. As I have tons of songs in my hard drive, it causes the problem.
However, I'd like to ask you if there is a way to reduce the loading time.
Thank you again!

Reply #260
There should be no problems with it working in 32bit fb2k v2.

However, performance may take a hit and anything depending on the existence of foo_playcount / displaying ratings via script will probably be broken.

foo_playcount is obsolete in v2 and playback statistics are built in. So if you had clickable ratings that write file tags if foo_playcount is missing, that would always happen because the condition would always be false. But %rating% would not display content from file tags because playback statistics takes it over. You have to use %rating% for playback statistics and $meta(rating) for file tags. This applies to everyone who may not have a clue what foo_playcount did previously as it's now global whether you like it or not.

yes,
in FB2K v2.0 32bit,the rating is not working

Reply #261
Is there a way to add 1 more layout to the rigft side panel? (Hide/show track infos)

Reply #262
Hi guys, sorry for the english!

I always use the ''Eole'' theme and I'm always in the ''Library'' tab.
Is there a way in the right panel (Right playlist) of the "Library" tab to show the image of the currently playing song file, and to change it every 5 seconds, just like it does in the "Play Now" tab?
https://imgur.com/a/Xu11euj

Reply #263
Hi, I just updated to the latest version. It's very good, but I have a small problem that I am not able to solve. In the tracklist, the image of the cover (attached image) is too small for me. Is there a way to make it bigger? In previous versions it was able, but now I can't.
Thank you. Regards
X

Reply #264
Hi, I just updated to the latest version. It's very good, but I have a small problem that I am not able to solve. In the tracklist, the image of the cover (attached image) is too small for me. Is there a way to make it bigger? In previous versions it was able, but now I can't.
Thank you. Regards
[attach type=thumb]24508[/attach]
Forget it, I'm so stupid. I find it :D

Reply #265
Hello everyone, forgive me if I'm not following etiquette here (I'm new) or if this is a really dumb question.
But I've been using this theme for a while and absolutely love it, but I really want to be able to mark songs as 0-10 stars instead of just 0-5.
I was able to dig around WSHgraphicbrowser_trackinfos.js and get it to display the stars 0-10 and even let me click, but once i do the theme crashes. I believe this is related to spidermonkey? But yeah basically was just wondering if there was an easier way to do this that would still have the same functionality and aesthetics.

Thanks in advance!

Reply #266
Hello,

Eole is a theme made for columnUI, which mostly uses SpiderMonkey panels organized using PSS.
   https://github.com/Ottodix/Eole-foobar-theme

You can get it on github, you will have there all the installation instructions.
Don't hesitate to contribute if you've got some knowledge in javascript. Feel free to report bugs and their fixes, or even new features for this theme. Open an issue ticket on github, and share the code on pastebin.com, thanks!

Enjoy

Is it compatible with Foobar 64-bit?

Reply #267
Hello,

Eole is a theme made for columnUI, which mostly uses SpiderMonkey panels organized using PSS.

You can get it on github, you will have there all the installation instructions.
Don't hesitate to contribute if you've got some knowledge in javascript. Feel free to report bugs and their fixes, or even new features for this theme. Open an issue ticket on github, and share the code on pastebin.com, thanks!

Enjoy

nope

Reply #268
With Foobar 2.0  Eole is OK, but with 2.1 some windows of Eole disappear. They reappear by moving the mouse over them.
Is someone else using Eole  and 2.1  without problem ?

Reply #269
As other pointed, this theme won't work with foobar 64bits, would need a big update. I won't do it, it's really a lot of work. So I'm not looking into the issues arising anymore.
If anyone have interest doing this update, it would be really nice. The whole code is free to use, it can be redistributed with a different name than mine, with just a simple credit to the original github repo.

Reply #270
Hello,

Enjoy

Do you really need 64-bit?

Reply #271
Hello
I am very new to foobar2000. I want to install the mini player only which is used in the Eole theme. I don't want to install all the Eole theme. I just want to install this mini player with default standard installation. The mini player what I mean the player bar which is displayed at the bottom when we run the Eole theme.

Reply #272
Hello, just installed this theme and I really like the look of it. I'm trying for a minimalistic grid view layout, but after right clicking and changing stuff for a couple hours there are 3 things I can't seem to get the way I want.

I have attached a picture of how it looks right now and it's almost perfect, with album grid view on the left and album art + track list on the right.

The 3 things I wish to change are:

1) Clicking on an album immediately stars playing it. I want to be able to single click on albums to display the art+tracklist on the right side without playing the album. Single click to browse and only double clicking should play the album. (I know there is an option where clicking on an album displays its tracks on the grid view, between the album covers, but that is not what I want.)

2) I want to get rid of the second line underneath the album titles, the one that shows track count. I could change the text to display album title instead of artist, but couldn't find a way to remove the second line.

3) This isn't as important as the other two but is there any way to decrease the gap between albums on the grid? I want them to be super compact with only a couple pixels between them.

If anyone knows a solution for any of these I'd much appreciate it.