Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unrecoverable playback error (Read 666 times) previous topic - next topic

Unrecoverable playback error

What the hell does this even mean? I've tried setting the output to 16, 24, and 32 bit and this exact error keeps popping up.

Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels (0x3)

This came about by wanting to play music in foobar through my Bluetooth headphones while my main speakers are connected to the primary sound device. This is on Windows 10 fwiw.

Re: Unrecoverable playback error

Reply #1
It usually means the output device you selected does not support that stream configuration - maybe the device expects 48000 Hz sample rate (?)

Did you select an output with '[exclusive]', or ASIO? What happens if you leave foobar on 'Primary Sound Driver' and change the device in Windows? (speaker icon on taskbar)