Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [WSH Panel Mod]LastFM suite (Read 53146 times) previous topic - next topic

[WSH Panel Mod]LastFM suite

Reply #25
I played around a bit more with the code and managed to fix it (for myself, anyway).

Code: [Select]
function myDrawImage(gr, img, size,  opacity, fill ) {
    if(size.width > 1)   
    {
        if(fill)
        {
            gr.DrawImage(img, 0, 0, ww, wh, size.x, size.y, size.width, size.height, 0, opacity);
        }
        else
        {
            gr.DrawImage(img, size.x, size.y, size.width, size.height, 0, 0, img.width, img.height, 0, opacity);
        }
    }
}

This may not be the most elegant implementation, but replacing myDrawImage with the above code fixed the issue for me.
Thanks a lot for the fixing.
Sorry i didnt answer sooner, but seeing the response of some people i dont even feel like reading that thread.  I may have made mistakes in my scripts, but i didnt post my scripts here to get such hostility.
So sorry to everyone. At least my scripts might give some ideas to others.

Reply #26
ok i was a bit out of order for laughing at the way you save files. i apologise for that.

IF it just worked, it wouldn't even be an issue. but the fact of the matter is, it doesn't. it's a long way off from being fit for use by the average user.

it's already taken some amazing perseverance by some of the others to get their scripts working. but should it be that hard? should people have to configure their colours inside the on_paint function? i don't think so.

i thought this was supposed to make life easier for the end user. but unfortunately i think it's done the complete opposite. and i imagine it's made your life harder too. i can't even begin to imagine how much time you've put into it. but for what?

Reply #27
ok i was a bit out of order for laughing at the way you save files. i apologise for that.

IF it just worked, it wouldn't even be an issue. but the fact of the matter is, it doesn't. it's a long way off from being fit for use by the average user.

it's already taken some amazing perseverance by some of the others to get their scripts working. but should it be that hard? should people have to configure their colours inside the on_paint function? i don't think so.

i thought this was supposed to make life easier for the end user. but unfortunately i think it's done the complete opposite. and i imagine it's made your life harder too. i can't even begin to imagine how much time you've put into it. but for what?

But you think i would release it if it didnt work? It DOES work here, and pretty well. Of course i have still a lot of bugs. Some of them never happened yet, others not HERE.
You talk about background colors. I use transparent scripts ALL the time. So i dont use background color. I am sorry but i dont see it as such a big deal, and i would have corrected it if i had seen it!
You "laugh" about my way of saving files. Do you know how heavy xml is? So i choosed the INI way. And do you know why i chose those specific  separator (which are nothing like a = or a ? Because it becomes messy when there are some in the VALUE. There is almost no chance you will find those separators in the value, that s why i choose them. Is that so wrong? Does it deserve such an answer?
And  yes i tried to do something easy for the end user, and i mean in the using. I am sorry that i broke the script just before releasing it. I tried to correct a bug of wget/unicode and i didnt see it broke everything else because i had a cache here.

Now i was clearly wrong to share what i did, wchich really does work here! I am not joking around. I keep on correcting bugs as they come around. But do you see how complicated it is? how many things can go wrong.

I am sorry to everyone, you can forget that thread. I am sure marc2003 will make the "perfect" script.

Reply #28
I am sure marc2003 will make the "perfect" script.

oh i doubt that. but mine do work (for the most part) with minimal user intervention. even you yourself have reported problems to me but rather than dismiss your comments with utter disdain like you do, i actually try and help. your attitude of "it works for me" isn't really the sort of response i expect. why bother sharing your work if you're not going to consider other users and their needs. this isn't about me or what i want. i'm talking about the average user who hasn't got a clue how to script.

Reply #29
I am sure marc2003 will make the "perfect" script.

oh i doubt that. but mine do work (for the most part) with minimal user intervention. even you yourself have reported problems to me but rather than dismiss your comments with utter disdain like you do, i actually try and help. your attitude of "it works for me" isn't really the sort of response i expect. why bother sharing your work if you're not going to consider other users and their needs. this isn't about me or what i want. i'm talking about the average user who hasn't got a clue how to script.

I dont dismiss any of your comment Marc2003. I corrected them all here!!!!
And me saying it works here jsut means i dont see the bug. If i did i would definitely correct it! Give me a console output and i ll correct anything.

Reply #30
you haven't even responded to the bugs i posted. i'll repeat them again shall i?

1) clicking on the bio panel enables drag but releasing the mouse button doesn't cancel it. so it moves when moving your mouse over it. even when leaving the panel and then coming back into it, it still follows your mouse. there is no way to cancel except start playing another track. (this behaviour has been confirmed by saivert as well)

2) i listen to artist A and it has a full bio and your script downloads and displays it. now i switch to artist B. this artist does not have a biography page on last.fm - but your script is writing the biography from artist A into artist B's cache file. artist B has a proper xml file because the similar artists bit works. you should detect when there is no biography and leave it blank or write a friendly message like mine does.

3) skipping to a new track while playing results in a delay of the panels being updated even when the files for the new track's artist are already cached. there is no delay when playback is stopped. (you did respond to this saying it didn't affect you)

obviously no console reports for any of this.

Reply #31
I'm very sorry to see such silly arguments in this thread. I really appreciate the work carmenm's done here, and i think we should help discovering and fixing the bugs because this sure does look promising. I'm quite excited to implement this in my own foobar config, especially the similar artist stuff is very nice.

Everything works fine here, except for the album art panel. As soon as I hit play on a song, the album art (that was loaded correctly at first) fades to this:

Reply #32
I'm very sorry to see such silly arguments in this thread. I really appreciate the work carmenm's done here, and i think we should help discovering and fixing the bugs because this sure does look promising. I'm quite excited to implement this in my own foobar config, especially the similar artist stuff is very nice.

Everything works fine here, except for the album art panel. As soon as I hit play on a song, the album art (that was loaded correctly at first) fades to this:

Mine also does this, actually.

Reply #33
Any help on this? I would love to get it working.

Reply #35
Thank you provide nice wsh panel mod scripts.
There is a question. I want lastfm data in some language(e.g. Japanese).
I try adding rest query param that is the following.
lang=ja
or
lang=jpn

but don't work script.
any ideas?
of course work fine in default.(English)

Reply #36
jp 

Reply #37
is there some workaround or something to stop wget showing up as the focus screen?

Reply #38
i assume there will be a WshShell.Run command somewhere that is triggering wget. edit it so there is a 0 as the 2nd parameter like this.

WshShell.Run("some command", 0, true);

that should suppress any popup windows from showing.

Reply #39
i assume there will be a WshShell.Run command somewhere that is triggering wget. edit it so there is a 0 as the 2nd parameter like this.

WshShell.Run("some command", 0, true);

that should suppress any popup windows from showing.

works wonderfull! Thankyou!!

Reply #40
I am sorry that i didnt answer this thread for so long. I actually was so disappointed that i decided to give up sharing it completely.

Yet I have been using and and updating that config for quite some time now and it works flawlessly here. So i decided to share it once more. But not in the same way this time.
I will share a whole CUI config that i will support. You ll be able to learn from it and adapt it to DUI if necessary.
I ll upload i as soon as possible. BUt right now i am adding a few things and i dont have so much time left out of work :s

I am sorry again

Reply #41
As confusing as the setup for your tool here may be, Carmenm, I've still been using the last.fm similar artists panel for a month now with almost no problems. I've even edited it a bit to link to sites like Rateyourmusic for the different similar artist images.

So yeah, don't be too discouraged, because I'm definitely glad you made it 

Reply #42
Finally had the time to put my config together. I release it as a fcl file. In the archive you have everything you need. Just unrar in your foobar folder. I also included necessary components.

I tried it on a clean install and it worked fine.
Let me know if you have any problem

It should look like this

[attachment=5776:LastFMSuite.rar]

Reply #43
testing on a brand spanking new portable 1.0.1 install....

Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 6FA5A9C7-35B6-44EA-A398-0968E41150F8): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Out of stack space
Ln: 247, Col: 5
<source text only available in compile time>

Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 509BD207-721A-4547-ABD7-59B12F41E1A3): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Out of memory
Ln: 279, Col: 2

Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: F9D43942-3646-4293-88F3-6628B3A250CA): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object doesn't support this property or method
Ln: 138, Col: 3

EDIT: the 3rd error was caused by starting foobar with an empty playlist.

Reply #44
Same.

Reply #45
testing on a brand spanking new portable 1.0.1 install....

Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 6FA5A9C7-35B6-44EA-A398-0968E41150F8): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Out of stack space
Ln: 247, Col: 5

Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: 509BD207-721A-4547-ABD7-59B12F41E1A3): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Out of memory
Ln: 279, Col: 2

Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: F9D43942-3646-4293-88F3-6628B3A250CA): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object doesn't support this property or method
Ln: 138, Col: 3

EDIT: the 3rd error was caused by starting foobar with an empty playlist.
Yes i had the same problem while testing. It comes from the on_item_focus_change (i use yours marc2003) but i couldnt find how to solve it. It seems that f.focusitem doesnt work well on an empty playlist.

Reply #46
my scripts don't crash if you start foobar with an empty playlist.

and besides, that has nothing to do with the first 2 errors. normally i'd try and fix it myself but given the nature of those messages, i think it's way over my head.

Reply #47
my scripts don't crash if you start foobar with an empty playlist.

and besides, that has nothing to do with the first 2 errors. normally i'd try and fix it myself but given the nature of those messages, i think it's way over my head.

You are right and you pointed me to the right direction(thanks for that). It s now solved
Only the fcl has change

EDIT: Here you go
[attachment=5778:LastFMSuite.rar]

Reply #48
still getting an error with an empty playlist on startup. hardly the end of the world but you should try and cater for all user behaviour.

anyway, now your other panels load ok, i've entered my lastfm username, api key and data path and i am now seeing this.....

the stuff like the web buttons and similar artists all appear to be working ok.

Reply #49
still getting an error with an empty playlist on startup. hardly the end of the world but you should try and cater for all user behaviour.

anyway, now your other panels load ok, i've entered my lastfm username, api key and data path and i am now seeing this.....

the stuff like the web buttons and similar artists all appear to be working ok.

Oh yes you are right about writing on tags :s Right now i dont know what i should do. Maybe put it to customdb by default (done). I should update my script with the last version of yours

- Grey part :  i know where it comes from!!! I had a line, taken from another script like that
if(dui == 1) 
    {
        gr.DrawRect(0,0, window.Width, window.Height, 1.0, RGB(160,160,160));
    }

It s now removed.
- Bio panel fixed.
- empty playlist: fixed
- Wikipedia button: you are absolutely right but they were no wikipedia icon  If you have a good one ...
- there is a known bug in the NowPlaying panel. If you start dragging the seekbar and release outside of it, mouse drag mode wont be stopped. Will correct that when i have the time.

Thanks a lot for your remarks. It helped a lot.

[attachment=5779:LastFMSuite.rar]