Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 127977 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #175
@Novatic: Thanks for the info sent.

The problematical tags are multi-line, e.g.

Maria Callas, Main Artist
Angelo Mercuriali, Featured Artist, Tenor Vocals
Tullio Serafin, Featured Artist, Conductor
Orchestra del Teatro alla Scala di Milano, Featured Artist, Orchestra
Coro Del Teatro Alla Scala Di Milano, Featured Artist, Chorus
Vincenzo Bellini, Composer

That is evident from their display in track properties: "Maria Callas, Main Artist (...)" or by pasting into a text editor (NOT notepad). Incidentally, CUI album list has issues with multi-line tag display/grouping.

The best solution, which will give maximum compatibility with other things, is to remove the line breaks from the affected subset of tags. To complicate things the track properties editor doesn't actually show the line breaks and shows the lines joined without an intervening space, like you get if paste the affected tags into notepad!

Alternatively, just the first line of a multi-line tag can be displayed:
View by Artist // $fix_eol(%artist%,)|$fix_eol(%album%,)|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][$fix_eol(%track artist%,) - ]$fix_eol(%title%,)

Currently library tree is displaying multi-line tags with line breaks, causing the overlap you see. That will be corrected in the next release, by setting it to single line mode. That should display the whole multi-line tag as a single line replicating the whole entry seen upon clicking it in track properties. If you don't fix the tags as above & don't want to wait until the next release:
Shift+right click library tree & choose configure.
Search for:
this.lc
There's only one match in the middle of line 347.
Change it to:
this.lc = DT_VCENTER | DT_SINGLELINE | DT_NOPREFIX | DT_END_ELLIPSIS;

Reply #176
@Novatic: I responded in main thread. See link above.

Reply #178
I've sent you a pm.

Reply #179
Many thanks for the complete answer, I fixed my tags as you described. It looks good so far.

Reply #180
Hallo WilB,
Is there a chance for some kind of auto-fill functionality assigned to the 'next' and 'previous' command? I'd like to listen through an album by just clicking on one of the titles and go from there by 'previous' or 'next' without selecting specific titles.
Additionally, it would be great if the currently played song would somehow be indicated in the Library Tree view (e.g. by another background color of the title text or a rectangle around the title text etc).

Another question: when using your script and the JS Smooth Browser from Br3tt/marc2k3 in one skin, in my case the panel properties of both scripts are mixed in the same list (e.g. _DISPLAY... in the Library Tree Panel Properties). Probably this is not indended - just to let you know.

Thanks for the great scripts!

Reply #181
@MojoBass. 'next' and 'previous' commands are playlist commands. I did try implementing, but, perhaps unsurprisingly, that conflicted with playlist actions. You can achieve the behaviour by using the up/down arrow keys.

It is possible to highlight the playing track and I'll try and add something for the next version unless unexpected complications arise.

To avoid properties that are mixed, clear properties before importing new scripts else properties both from the original & new script will be present. That's just how JScript panel works, unless I've misunderstood your meaning. Importing new scripts doesn't automatically clear old properties.

Reply #182
Hello WilB,
thanks for the hint with the arrow keys, that works well for me!
For the intended behaviour, the option 'Play on Enter or Send from Menu' should be switched on.

Reply #183
Hello WilB. Thanks for your great script!

Two questions:

it it possible to set the playlist name dynamically on creating (node name) (like in default album list component) when autofill is off
and is it possible to show folders before files (View by Folder Structure)

Reply #184
1) Set playlist name dynamically. Currently you can use SHIFT + right click > utilities > send to playlist. This a foobar2000 command that can be set to not require shift in foobar2000 preferences > context menu > utilities. This offers a likely playlist name or the option of editing it (works best if files are tagged). I didn't include a "Send to new playlist" command on the main menu because it can result in creating loads of different playlists that are cumbersome to then select or manage etc when simply re-clicking the tree item is much simpler + it auto-updates when the library changes. But it could be added...

2) View by folder structure uses a foobar2000 function that analyses relative paths & that doesn't display common elements of the path to give an easier to view presentation. It's the same as used in DUI album list etc & isn't user configurable. The view you require can probably be created with title formatting. Since this would likely lack the relative path handling bit how well it works may depend on the nature of your folder structure. I'm not sure that I fully understand what you want, but the following seems to be what you're asking:
Code: [Select]
View by Folder: File // $replace($directory_path(%path%),\,|): %filename%
As the above is path-based, put $nodisplay{%subsong%} on the end if you need tracks in containers like m-TAGS or cues sorted.
There maybe other ways if you look at foobar2000 title format help + also look at that if I misunderstood you.

As is usually the case you'll likely get maximum flexibility if views are created based on file tags...

Reply #185
Is the "Add to Current Playlist" option ? I can not find it or I'm blind :)

Reply #186
Right click over a tree item & it should be on the menu. The menu is context sensitive & so if the click isn't over an item, view options etc are shown instead.

Reply #187
Right click over a tree item & it should be on the menu. The menu is context sensitive & so if the click isn't over an item, view options etc are shown instead.
Of course, under the right click is this option. It's my fault because I did not express myself precisely. I was thinking about changing the behavior of the middle mouse button or changing the behavior of a double click on the selected item. Currently, I have not found such a possibility. I admit that this is a very helpful option and much faster than using the context menu  ;)

Reply #188
MiddleBtn can be set to add to the current playlist as follows.

Panel properties > Playlist Use: 0 or 1 > set: ...MiddleBtn,0

0 - uses the current playlist.
1 - uses a fixed "Playlist" that can be defined in panel properties (line above: default Library View).

Search the documentation for "Playlist:" if you need more info.

Drag n Drop is also now implemented & that can be used as well.

Reply #189
MiddleBtn can be set to add to the current playlist as follows.

Panel properties > Playlist Use: 0 or 1 > set: ...MiddleBtn,0

0 - uses the current playlist.
1 - uses a fixed "Playlist" that can be defined in panel properties (line above: default Library View).

Search the documentation for "Playlist:" if you need more info.

Drag n Drop is also now implemented & that can be used as well.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Works as expected  :D  Thank you very much
BTW
Where can I find documentation about "Playlist"?

Reply #190
Library Tree 1.4.0.2 Documentation.txt is included with the Library Tree download.

Search it for "Playlist:" (minus quotes, but with colon) -> takes you straight to info.

Reply #191
Hey WilB! I was wondering if I could have your permission to incorporate your LibraryTree into my Georgia theme. I've had a couple users ask for this functionality, so I figured I'd try and get the best :)

Reply #192
Library Tree 1.4.0.2 Documentation.txt is included with the Library Tree download.

Search it for "Playlist:" (minus quotes, but with colon) -> takes you straight to info.
Oh, I forgot that the Documentation.txt file is attached to every zip file. Everything is clear to me now  ;D

Reply #193
@MordredKLB

Yes, using Library Tree in your Georgia theme is fine. Permission is granted.

Reply #194
@WilB
Can hope to create a new playlist in the future?
Now we have from Br3tt:
WSH Playlist Viewer 2013 - obsolete
JS Playlist - there is no support for smooth scrolling, there is no support for touch screens.
JS Smooth Playlist by Br3tt - no sorting by folders, no choice of Loved tracks (moods),
not optimized (requires a lot of resources when scrolling), design - requires the best..

Reply #195
Is there some "playlist search" script? I don't need "library search", just script with search box, that can search active playlist and send results to #Playlist Search? Is something like this exist?

Reply #196
I don't have one and don't know if one exist. There's always foo_quicksearch?

Reply #197
I don't have one and don't know if one exist. There's always foo_quicksearch?

Yes, but in script i can easily edit some things how I like..  Anyway thanks..

Reply #198
Fantastic panel addition Wilb!

Just wondering if there is a way to color within formatting, either via syntax or similar to the existing:

Color control: < >    Used to dim or highlight text, currently available in playlist and status bar. There are 3 dim and 3 highlight levels, accessible by repeating color control characters.    <dim> >highlight< >>extrahighlight<<

Reply #199
 my task  "Add to Current Playlist" via  hotkey.
Can someone help?