Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dockable_panels (Read 154981 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #25
uhm... absolutely no border? it will be wonderful^^

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #26
Really liking where this is going and I agree with all of the suggestions given so far.

Just one to add myself, any chance of being able to remove the 'bevel' around the box so that it can blend with the edge of my foobar?

Good work :]

The option to completely remove the frame will be in the next version.

here's a quick sample.
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #27

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #28
Hi Christopher,thanks for this wonderful component,I believe it will change the way we use foobar,but for now i have only one request:as i understand (correct me if i'm wrong) the "collapse" command permanently collapses
the window with all it's settings,if it's possible i would like to see a show\hide command that closes a window completely (not leaving even a trace of it) and then restores it back at the same position even if foobar was restarted.If you've already done it (although i didn't find it) and i'm talking rubbish,then I'm sorry.TIA.
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #29
Bravo!!  This component is excellent.  I had been using foobar less since the new iTunes came out (i know, I can hear the boos!).  But now foobar has so many great components like this one, ican't not use it.

Thanks for your efforts and all your hard work!
- FLAC/200GB external
- AAC 128 vbr/local
- iPod Nano 2G 8GB

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #30
Hi Christopher,thanks for this wonderful component,I believe it will change the way we use foobar,but for now i have only one request:as i understand (correct me if i'm wrong) the "collapse" command permanently collapses
the window with all it's settings,if it's possible i would like to see a show\hide command that closes a window completely (not leaving even a trace of it) and then restores it back at the same position even if foobar was restarted.If you've already done it (although i didn't find it) and i'm talking rubbish,then I'm sorry.TIA.

What you can do is select Minimize from the system menu (right click on the title bar - Hide closebox must be off).

you can then restore it selecting it from the list under View->Dockable panels.

I just put up RC 2 on my website, which adds the no frame option for panels.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #31
well i dont see anyone else complaining about this problem, but when i opt to show album art in a dockable panel, it doesn't actually show the album art. it just shows the default pic i have for when there is no album art. and there's no menu when i right-click, so i can't change any settings for it.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #32
what you think about the possibility to move the panel holding ctrl?

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #33
Thank you! One problem found:when in no frame mode the window getting bigger and bigger each time you
collapse\restore it.One final request:is it possible to disable the titlebar even the window is collapsed and not only when it maximized? I mean an option to activate and hide it via button only,b/c the titlebar ruins the picture when window minimized.TIA.

The image from the right shows what i currently have and from the left-what i'm trying to achieve:

Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #34
A show/hide option would be nice (i.e. close/re-open). That'd also be an answer to Russell777's problem..

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #35
Awesome work :]

Finding a couple of alignment problems with it at the moment;

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #36
Wonderful component! Now I can slice foobar to the bones

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #37
Top notch component!

I Think there`s a bug regarding album art panel. When i add it as a dock, i can't access the preferences for that dock. No matter what i tried so far.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #38
new release to fix some problems.

RC 4

* all windows show up
    * context menus show up in album art, etc.

RC 3

* kludge fix to SetParent problem

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #39
Excellent as usual Russell777....just when I thought my Foo was finished!!! 

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #40
Looking at Russells confing made me wonder... Is it possible to make a button wich would activate a window? Kinda like, when in Winamp you press the playlist button, the playlist window shows up. Great work CWB!

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #41
1) bug, album list in dock panel, enter key not send selection to playlist

2) really good work!

3) why click on close box remove panel from menu list? ( request: add option to active dockable panel , "remove from list")
Music is my first love.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #42
This is indeed a promising idea. Have you thought about implementing a complete UI based on this idea? Currently either the Default or Columns UI have to be selected and visible. If you implemented a user interface, people could use these panels by themselves, or perhaps there could be a main window like in columns UI in which these windows can be 'docked' (like Visual Studio).

Demonstration image (I dragged the default UI offscreen):

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #43
Thank you! One problem found:when in no frame mode the window getting bigger and bigger each time you
collapse\restore it.One final request:is it possible to disable the titlebar even the window is collapsed and not only when it maximized? I mean an option to activate and hide it via button only,b/c the titlebar ruins the picture when window minimized.TIA.

The image from the right shows what i currently have and from the left-what i'm trying to achieve:

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #44
its russels Home Stereo Display (highly modified) for the track info mod
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #45
would it be possible in the next version to let the user put panels in a group? i see this feature is already implemented somewhat, but it's flaky. an example would be holding down the CTRL button and clicking on a few panels. this would put those panels in their own group, and when one panel in the group is moved, the other panels move with it, staying in the same relative position.

also, i noticed you included horizontal and vertical splitters in the list of components, but it doesn't look like we can actually do anything with a splitter panel. am i doing something wrong or are there future plans for the splitters?

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #46
I find a bug in last version of plugin.

I create panel with ui_tabs (ver. 0.2.5) ( adding tabs are album list, playlist tree and explorer tree), orientation panel is vertical.
In current session all is good, but when I close foobar and start it again - this panel is not found.
Other panels save its configuraition  very good.

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #47
After removing the frame, the size of the panel seems to change a lot which makes it difficult to line up properly. Any chance of a way of moving the panels when there's no frame to grab on to?

e: Oh and any possibility of removing scroll bars?

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #48
@cwbowron

Nice plugin!    Is there a way to put buttons inside in future?

((((( Strictly4me )))))

foo_dockable_panels

Reply #49
Maybe it's possible to show the dockable panel, even foobar is minimized or function for always on top?

((((( Strictly4me )))))