Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I've tried to create a wiki account but it says my IP address is blocked (Read 1569 times) previous topic - next topic

I've tried to create a wiki account but it says my IP address is blocked

I've been trying to create a user account on the wiki here, but for some reason if I try and create one, or edit a page anonymously, it says that my ISP address is blocked due to the spam filtering technology that the site uses. I've attached the errors that I've been getting here.

An IP reputation check I carried out suggests that my IP address is blacklisted by dnsbl.sorbs.net (but not any other anti-spam domains; I think it might be the one that the wiki uses), as are all neighbouring IP addresses, I think due to the spam-prone email servers affiliated with my ISP. Is there any way for me to create an account on the HydrogenAudio wiki?

Re: I've tried to create a wiki account but it says my IP address is blocked

Reply #1
You could try the Tor browser, however exit node ips may also be blocked. You could try a VPN, however most are not free. Or wait for a mod to perform a christmas miracle

Re: I've tried to create a wiki account but it says my IP address is blocked

Reply #2
You could try the Tor browser, however exit node ips may also be blocked. You could try a VPN, however most are not free. Or wait for a mod to perform a christmas miracle

I've made a request to an IP reputation site to downgrade my IP address from "99/100" (until early this year my IP address scored only about 68/100 on this site, the same as the neighbouring ones). According to the site it would normally take a couple of hours to process the request, but since it's Christmas I'd imagine it will take longer, probably a few days.