Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Media Library Issues with files without Album Tags (Android Version) (Read 146 times) previous topic - next topic

Media Library Issues with files without Album Tags (Android Version)

Hello,

I do not use album tag on singles. In earlier times (IIRC at least til 1.2.6), the Media Library showed all Tracks without Album tag in the Album Artist/Album category under the Artists names album grid in a separate 'unknown album' folder.  At least since 1.2.18, this is not the case anymore, so you won't find the tracks there. You may use the search function to find the tracks in the media library, however when opening these tracks or putting them to a playlist, no album cover is shown on playback or in the playlist or in the media library. Files can only be found in the media library via search or track view.
X
I also had the case that some other artist and some other album cover was shown on playback and in the playlist.
Fun fact: if a file without album tag is the only one with image for an artist, the album cover of this file is used in theMedia Library Album Artist/Album artist view anyway even if the file is not shown. (embedded image, no separate image file)

However, when browsing files without album tag manually,  album covers are shown in the folder view as well as on playback as well as in the playlist. (However, as you can see, in tthis case the 'feat.' note is not processed like on media library call)
X

To make sure nothing in app upgrade process mismatched the behaviour, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app manually. Yes, we are taking about the same file on the same location.

I hope these issues will be fixed in future versions. Last tested with android-Version 1.3.1 arm64.

Re: Media Library Issues with files without Album Tags (Android Version)

Reply #1
Are your music files stored on a remote location or locally on the phone?

Re: Media Library Issues with files without Album Tags (Android Version)

Reply #2
Are your music files stored on a remote location or locally on the phone?
Files are stored local (on SD Card inserted in the phone).