Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Volume very low (Read 1101 times) previous topic - next topic

Volume very low

If i connect over jack plug with my Smartphone, the  volume with foobar is very much lower (too low) in compare with other music apps.
Is it only me who is making this experience ?
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Re: Volume very low

Reply #1
If i connect over jack plug with my Smartphone, the  volume with foobar is very much lower (too low) in compare with other music apps.

You mean the headphone jack? That audio out is controlled by the volume buttons and headphone amplifier. You can check the EQ and preamp settings in Foobar. Try disabling all of the DSP features.

Reply #2

I suggest checking the following settings and modifying them if necessary.
  • Tools > Settings > ReplayGain > Preamp: If your source files has replaygain information and you use it, set preamp levels to 0.0 dB or increase them until you can hear confortably.
  • Tools > Playback Controls > Volume: If the volume level is negative, set it to 0.00 dB. You can modify the volume level also in playback screen depending on skins in use.
  • Tools > Setting > DSP Manager: Check if all DSP are off.

Reply #3
Thanks for the answers,

Changing Preamp in ReplayGain makes the different.

Happy to have the Powersound back !

Warning: fb2k is addictive.