Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: possible bug: Cursor follows playback not always working (Read 882 times) previous topic - next topic

possible bug: Cursor follows playback not always working

I'm using foobar 1.6.8 & windows 10, default UI (with SimPlaylist!)
The option "cursor follows playback" it's not working when I scroll up or down on the playlist viewer (using SimPlaylist), and then minimize foobar (to taskbar or the tray).
Most of the time, the view will stay where I scrolled, and I need to double click the "status bar" to jump to the currently playing song.
Without scrolling, or scrolling and with foobar on the background (without minimizing/hiding) it works fine.

edit: btw I'm using "Shuffle (tracks)" with some thousand tracks, so maybe the cursor is following but it's only the scroll that stays fixed.

Re: possible bug: Cursor follows playback not always working

Reply #1
I assume this is because SimPlaylist isn't tracking and updating the scroll position when its (child) window isn't visible. The same is probably also true if you put it in a tab stack and hide its tab.

Reply #2
Oh, you are right. I put the "standard" playlist viewer on a hidden tab, scrolled a little on both and minimized foobar: Only the standard viewer followed the currently playing track.
On SimPlaylist, If I scroll an then scroll back to the currently playing track it will follow the playback again.

That's sad because the default viewer doesn't have an album art column nor Rating DB stars (the reason I scroll the playlist a lot  :'()

Reply #3
Just double click the statusbar and it will jump to the correct spot.

Reply #4
Not if the element isn't visible. That's the point, and it's a bug in this element, not in the player.