Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible Bug if not Feature request.  (Read 885 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible Bug if not Feature request.

Hi👋
I will try to be specific.

after I set Playback > Order to play Random tracks, the (play) Previous function doesn't work on that mode, it stops playing. This make very hard to find the track which was played eariel, especially when there is more than 500 tracks in the playlist, it take hours to find it... I think play Previous on Random Order was working in the past (to confirm)  if Im wrong is it possible to implement that feature on the next release? 🤞 So I could use random feature with peace of mind that I can back to the tracks which was played eariel.

I want to thank Peter  and all people involved on this project including add-ons authors, foobar is with me for more than 10y! Great work! Namaste.

Re: Possible Bug if not Feature request.

Reply #1
This is intended behavior. No, random did not work like that in the past. Use shuffle if you want that behavior.

Reply #2
Maybe that feeling of missing behavior is coming from Spotify play previous track...
Hmm is there a good reason to not make it working like it works in Shuffle Order? In both play Orders Random/Shuffle I could trace all tracks hops till beginning of foobar session, so  data of played tracks are kept. Or its more like philosophical thing.

Reply #3
Do you want the earlier track to re-listen or just to check the performer/title because you don't know.
If the second you can trace back in the console to find it.