Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMV imput filter v1.4 + Virtual Dub 1.7.7 problems (Read 15418 times) previous topic - next topic

WMV imput filter v1.4 + Virtual Dub 1.7.7 problems

WMV audio decode fail

Using the WMV plugin from there: http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/~fcchan.../WMV/index.html
Into the latest stable VirtualDum v1.7.7 build 28312 from there: http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

VirtualDub says:
No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format.
(source format tag: 0161)

If the cursed VirtualDub could actually allow me to save the audio stream, like the VDub Mod does (but he did not allow importing WMV, damn M$!), I would gladly decode and re-encode it externally, but... what now? FFD audio decode? I tried, no help. VDub seems can use only some special filters...

The audio identification - beside the tag 0161 - GSpot says "Audio Codec..: 0x0161 (WMA v2)
Audio Bitrate: 191kbps 2ch VBR 48000Hz"
Windows Media Audio 9.2 - now where to get the decompressor for this WMA v2 format for Virtual Dub?

Anyone know? Please, help!

Reply #1
i would try mplayer to dump audio to pcm,

mplayer -ao pcm:file=out.wav -vo null -vc dummy in.wmv

---

other option to get the file into vdub is via avisynth;

Code: [Select]
directshowsource("in.wmv")
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #2
Another way is FFmpeg:
ffmpeg.exe -i x.wma -vn -f wav x.wav

However I lookign for a way how to make things work w/o troubles in VirtualDub, not for such problematic experiments...

Reply #3
Another way is FFmpeg:
ffmpeg.exe -i x.wma -vn -f wav x.wav

However I lookign for a way how to make things work w/o troubles in VirtualDub, not for such problematic experiments...

Ok im a real beginner but i seem not to be able to decode WMA v2 with Virtualdub. The WMA plugin fixed the video playability just fine but the audio decoding won't work. What should i enable in FFdshow to make it work?