Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I'm unable to find how create folder names for split albums (Using every artist) (Read 846 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm unable to find how create folder names for split albums (Using every artist)

I once knew how to do this but I am searching now it's been 20 minutes and I can't seems to be able to find it.

What is the syntax to put when I want to create a folder and put, let's say, 2 names on the folder and not create different folders for every artists

Best regards

Re: I'm unable to find how create folder names for split albums (Using every artist)

Reply #1
Make sure that ALBUM ARTIST has both. And use %album artist% in folder name - it will pick ARTIST if no ALBUM ARTIST tag is present.

So e.g.
%album artist% {%year%} %album%\%tracknumber% %artist% _ %title%
will get them into the same folder. (And correctly sorted in Windows Explorer, by starting with track number.)

Re: I'm unable to find how create folder names for split albums (Using every artist)

Reply #2
Thank you but I was searching for a syntax that would group the artist together instead of me doing it manually
Any idea of how doing this plz?

Reply #3
AFAIK, File Operations -> Move will treat every file separately, so the only chance it can dump them into the same file is to check the move all additional files box; then you won't get all artists represented, only the latest moved.

Otherwise, you have to retag ... I think.