Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b (Read 7316 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

There is a new alpha build available, I hope people to test it for possible bugs. It uses UNICODE file info dialog in Windows NT systems and Peter was kind enough to give his hack for opening files with UNICODE characters in name.
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/mpc/bin/winamp-alpha.zip

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #1
Heh....I downloaded this plugin an hour ago for another computer where I wanted to play mpc files....

Anyway...Would it be possible to set some kind of info (album, artist) recognizing (thru path and filename) scheme like in tag?
As there is no mass tagger yet for APE2 I would like this to have my files displayed correct.

Also maybe an option to automatic convert any other tag format to APE2?

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #2
Originally posted by Jan S.
Anyway...Would it be possible to set some kind of info (album, artist) recognizing (thru path and filename) scheme like in tag?

That functionality is implemented, but currently only way to define naming scheme is from source code. This plugin uses always autodetect. Let me know your file structure and I include it.

As there is no mass tagger yet for APE2 I would like this to have my files displayed correct.

Also maybe an option to automatic convert any other tag format to APE2?

Please try Tag for this.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #3
I use:

[Album][track number]. [Title]

this however it is able to find, but the problem is when I have multible cd albums.

then I use: [Album][cd number][track number]. [Title]

this it is not able to recognize.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #4
Originally posted by Jan S.
this however it is able to find, but the problem is when I have multible cd albums.

then I use: [Album][cd number][track number]. [Title]

this it is not able to recognize.

How is CD number given? Only one number, word CD + number... ?

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #5
only number with leading zero.

example: "01"

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #6
I got a weird error...
I couldn't open WinAMP by doubleclicking on and mpc file or m3u file...
I could open WinAMP and open mpc files normally, drag n' drop etc, but as soon as I'd try to open an m3u WinAMP just closes...
weird huh?
I use .94 until someone has a clue what this is all about

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #7
There is a problem with unicode file names. When i try to play "Siddharta - 06 - &#268rnoBelo.mpc" an error pops up: ...Siddharta - 06 - CrnoBelo.mpc is not found or read protected!

So it looks like it does a translation of characters that doesn't exist in my codepage  into the most similar that does exist.

This translation also happen when displaying the tag after I rename it. But then at least it can find the file.

Edit:

Or maybe this is a windows issue... All other programs have problems with this file too.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #8
Originally posted by ErikS
There is a problem with unicode file names. When i try to play "Siddharta - 06 - &#268rnoBelo.mpc" an error pops up: ...Siddharta - 06 - CrnoBelo.mpc is not found or read protected!

So it looks like it does a translation of characters that doesn't exist in my codepage  into the most similar that does exist. 

This translation also happen when displaying the tag after I rename it. But then at least it can find the file.

Edit:

Or maybe this is a windows issue... All other programs have problems with this file too.

I tried that name and it worked perfectly well here. Please notice that new Winamp plugins are stored with directory, so they must be decompressed without directory creation or moved to plugins directory afterwards.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #9
Originally posted by MTRH
I got a weird error...
I couldn't open WinAMP by doubleclicking on and mpc file or m3u file...
I could open WinAMP and open mpc files normally, drag n' drop etc, but as soon as I'd try to open an m3u WinAMP just closes...
weird huh?
I use .94 until someone has a clue what this is all about

Does this happen to anyone else? I tried with three different machines and none of them have any problems.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #10
Originally posted by Case

Does this happen to anyone else? I tried with three different machines and none of them have any problems.
No problems here. When doubleclicking on an MPC file in Windows Commander, Winamp starts to play as usual.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #11

I tried that name and it worked perfectly well here. Please notice that new Winamp plugins are stored with directory, so they must be decompressed without directory creation or moved to plugins directory afterwards.

You're right. I didn't see the extra directory, and it works fine now.

Would it be possible to add to the config which font to use? It's needed if I want to see some characters. I tried to just recompile, but there is a file missing: afxres.h. Where can I find this file?

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #12
Would it be possible to add to the config which font to use? It's needed if I want to see some characters.

Sure, I'll include it.

I tried to just recompile, but there is a file missing: afxres.h. Where can I find this file?

I don't know why that file would be needed, it's not included from the sources, and I couldn't find with quick search any library that would need it. What compiler did you try?

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #13

I don't know why that file would be needed, it's not included from the sources, and I couldn't find with quick search any library that would need it. What compiler did you try?

in tag.rc:
#include "afxres.h"

I use MSVC 6.0

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #14
in tag.rc:
#include "afxres.h"

Oh, I only checked .c and .h files.

I use MSVC 6.0

The file should be there. It's in VC98MFCInclude.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #15
When using the plugin to add a title to an otherwise completed ape2tag, all the information disappears (not replaygain stuff) after pushing "enter"...

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #16
the 0.95b plugin reports a playing time of 0:00 for all tracks i add in the playlist.

the File Info (alt+3) box reports the correct playing time..

what's happening? ???

btw, tagging used: ape / none
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #17
Originally posted by macdaddy
When using the plugin to add a title to an otherwise completed ape2tag, all the information disappears (not replaygain stuff) after pushing "enter"...

Thanks for reporting, fixed version is uploaded.

Winamp MPC plugin 0.95b

Reply #18
Originally posted by ssamadhi97
the 0.95b plugin reports a playing time of 0:00 for all tracks i add in the playlist.

Whoops... I just uploaded new build of 0.95b, should be fixed. Thanks for reporting.