Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bug - Can't create post with mobile version of HA (Read 7232 times) previous topic - next topic

Bug - Can't create post with mobile version of HA

Every time I try to reply to a thread on HA mobile version, using Chrome on Android on my OnePlus 3T, it fails to post.
The error says fail due to timeout, but forcing Chrome to load desktop version, fixes it.

Attached is a screenshot from when I tried to make a reply to this very thread.

Re: Bug - Can't create post with mobile version of HA

Reply #1
There is no "mobile" version. It's all viewport size related style sheets. This makes me want to say "screw it" and upgrade the forum to the latest version, which means losing all the addons we use, and starting over with the style customizations from scratch.

Reply #2
For one thing, try turning off the wysiwyg editor. That may be fixed by the upgrade, as I may go through with it.

E: posted and edited on my phone.

Reply #3
Fwiw android 8.1 and chrome works fine for me.

Reply #4
Session timeout usually only occurs if you open the reply page and leave it unsubmitted for several hours.

Reply #5
Session timeout usually only occurs if you open the reply page and leave it unsubmitted for several hours.
Which I did not do. I could write a comment in two seconds, it would still time out.

Reply #6
And I still have no idea what it has to do with a "mobile" theme, since there is no specific mobile site. It's all governed by style sheets. And as far as I know, there is no go-to-desktop-site link anywhere to speak of, either. E: Oh, you forced Chrome to pretend it was a large screen desktop. That should have no effect on form submission.

Reply #7
E: Oh, you forced Chrome to pretend it was a large screen desktop. That should have no effect on form submission.
I know, but It has an effect. Switching to "desktop version" works every time. Refresh, then post from mobile layout/ scaling/ whatever, also gives me timeout.
It's been like that in older chrome versions, and on both Android 7.1 and 8.0 offical ROM from OnePlus. Really strange.

Reply #9
Test: Posting after Chrome cache removal and log in log out.

Nope, it failed. Had to force "desktop site" again. Even logging in with mobile size gives error, see attached screenshot.

Could you follow along here?

https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=4860.0

Maybe try posting in that topic after registering, and also follow their suggestion?

Will do.

Edit. Even registering on elcarte failed.

Reply #10
What version of Chrome are you running? What version of Android? Are you sure you're not behind some sort of caching proxy on your mobile device?

Reply #11
Testing the reply function on a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, the lowest common denominator at my disposal.

The problem must be your mobile isp.

Reply #12
I've tried both over LTE and WiFi. No proxies.
Android 8, chrome 63.
Data saver in Chrome is not enabled.

Firefox v57 seems to work though.

Reply #13
Sounds like a Chrome bug, then, since the themes don't affect the form data or page submission. I even tried with a WYSIWYG editor enabled, and on old Chrome on Android 5.1.1. I don't have anything newer in a phone form factor.

E: Whatever your IP address is when you're experiencing these bugs, it's not showing any errors in the forum logs. In fact, I'm not finding any accesses to this topic prior to your first reply to it using your desktop browser.