Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_run (Read 596596 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_run 0.3.8

Reply #575
It just make crash after staring foobar with 0.3.8
Sorry, i was mistaken. It makes crash when i start command from foo_run

Reply #577
Dimsok:  the download link is in a box centered below the MD5 box under the paragraph of text below that, at the link he sent.  Use Google translate if you can't spot it.  That said, I don't have any idea what this plugin does and have not downloaded it myself.

Reply #578
Can't see any download link except advertisements. Such hosting services make me crazy.

Reply #580
Thanks

Reply #581
Let us curious ones know if it does what you wanted it to do.

Reply #582
Let us curious ones know if it does what you wanted it to do.
Assume you select an ARTIST with four ALBUMs (using Facets or AlbumList or what else) .
Using "Run services per group" all tracks of *all* albums are transfered i.e. to mp3Tag.
Using "Run service" only all tracks of the *first* album are transfered.

Reply #583
Thanks Lesmo16--very cool.

Reply #584
For me doesn't work. Open selected tracks, then run service, opens only one track.

Reply #585
You have to use Run services per group instead of Run service!

Reply #586
Assume you select an ARTIST with four ALBUMs (using Facets or AlbumList or what else) .
Using "Run services per group" all tracks of *all* albums are transfered i.e. to mp3Tag.
Using "Run service" only all tracks of the *first* album are transfered.
For mp3tag is this the best part variable to use for the per group plugin?
Code: [Select]
"Z:\pathto\Mp3tag.exe" "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)"

I would like to load files by filename not album. I can't get it to work like that. Cheers.

Reply #587
I do not know about you but sometimes I like to hear albums in my library—and not new music—that I did not rate or I rated with 4< but still be possible that Spotify recognize the album as one I like/listen—not listen to it on Foobar—. So, whatever it is your reason to do it with this code you can search "ALBUM - ARTIST" in Spotify web.

"https://open.spotify.com/search/results/%album% %artist%"
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #588
I finally made Foobar work with external applications. The code that worked for me was

Mp3tag.exe "%_path%"

Now that I did make it—after a year trying now and then—I finally got clean up my Run Services menu as in the image.

And if you want to check the parameters for each service I did a .txt file. And I copy the text in case you want only a bunch of them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just copy the first term on Label and the second one on Path. For instance here is how it looks the code for VLC Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #589
Last search
       "https://www.last.fm/es/search?q=$meta(artist)"

This is the correct one.

Reply #590
I finally made Foobar work with external applications. The code that worked for me was

Mp3tag.exe "%_path%"

I prefer to use the following for Mp3Tag:
Mp3tag.exe /fp:"$directory_path(%path%)"
This will load the whole directory of the audio file in question into Mp3Tag. It's just a bit cleaner for editing whole albums.

Reply #591

Mp3tag.exe "%_path%"

I prefer to use the following for Mp3Tag:
Mp3tag.exe /fp:"$directory_path(%path%)"
This will load the whole directory of the audio file in question into Mp3Tag. It's just a bit cleaner for editing whole albums.

I gave up on that one but now, as you say, it loads the whole directory with no problem.

Another one; in RYM when you search for an album probably you will not get it on top of the page and even sometimes you do not find it if you misspelled it. With this one, you will search in all releases ["album" "artist"] so if you do not get the album—the less common thing as I have tried a lot and you usually get the result—you will have the artist which you can click so you do not have to use Google RYM artist album another code I have made and posted. It is annoying having to "go outside" RYM.

"https://rateyourmusic.com/search?searchtype=l&searchterm=%album% %artist%"

Reply #592
Is there a way to combine foo_texttools with run services to save what's copied to clipboard to an m3u? Right now I'm highlighting the tracks in an autoplaylist, using text tools to copy and format the tracks using the following code:
$replace(%path%,M:,/mnt,\,/)
and manually saving it to an .m3u to be used in mpd on linux.

I'd like to be able to just hit a keyboard shortcut and have a save dialog open with my properly formatted playlist ready to be saved if possible. Thanks.

Reply #593
This foo_run is such a helpful component, no idea how I ever used foobar without it! ;)

I finally made Foobar work with external applications. The code that worked for me was [...]

Discogs artist
       "https://www.discogs.com/es/search/?q=$meta(artist)&amp;type=artist"
Discogs album
       "https://www.discogs.com/es/search/?q=$meta(album)&amp;type=release"

Hey @tipar thanks for the samples.  :) Just wanted to let folks know the above searches on Discogs might not work for artists / albums that have a space in the name. Copying what the other samples use works -

Discogs artist
https://www.discogs.com/es/search/?q=$replace(%artist%, ,+)&type=artist

Discogs album
https://www.discogs.com/es/search/?q=$replace(%album%, ,+)&type=master

(I changed the album to show the master entry as a better place to start to look up the dozens of releases on Discogs)

Also here is another video player I use -

Media Player Classic
mpc-hc.exe "%_path%" /new /add /play /close
mpc-hc.exe "$info(@)" /new /add /play /close

(Use the second path if you tag your videos with external m-TAGs component)

Cheers 8)

Reply #594
Hello,

how can I use foo_run to open a file from the playlist with the default application defined in windows?

Reply #595
tada

cmd /k "start "" "%_path%"" && exit

Reply #596
It works for albums with spaces the thing is that my string retrieves all the results—as in a regular search in Google. Because of the different versions of albums, sometimes more than twenty, that it can coexist in Discogs, I prefer to search as in Google.

Reply #597
tada

cmd /k "start "" "%_path%"" && exit

I'm curious as to why folks use "%_path%" (with preceding underscore) instead of just "%path%" .  I use foo_run to call several applications from playlist entries, and every one works fine constructed like the example below:

C:\Kid3\kid3.exe "%path%"

Does the version with underscore allow some extra flexibility?  I am using Windows 7 SP1 if that matters.

Reply #598
I'm curious as to why folks use "%_path%" (with preceding underscore) instead of just "%path%" .
I only used it because everyone else in this thread used it :D (and they must know what they're doing more than I)

It works for albums with spaces the thing is that my string retrieves all the results—as in a regular search in Google. Because of the different versions of albums, sometimes more than twenty, that it can coexist in Discogs, I prefer to search as in Google.
Sure thing. My thinking was that once you click on master release, you then get all releases sorted by date with catalogue numbers etc. But either way works. ;)

Media Player Classic
mpc-hc.exe "%_path%" /new /add /play /close
mpc-hc.exe "$info(@)" /new /add /play /close
Well I had to scratch that last one. It only worked the first time and then nothing. :(  *tests* Ah, this is the one...

mpc-hc.exe "$directory_path(%path%)'\'$info(@)" /new /add /play /close