Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_xpsf_1 (Read 2592 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_xpsf_1

Hi, I've written a plugin for reading & writing XSPF playlist.

The plugin is released under BSD license.

For more information, see my project page: project page

Download page: release page

foo_xpsf_1

Reply #1
There is already foo_xspf component: http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=48290

Both partially implement XSPF, in a manner that both require location tag.

IMHO the point of XSPF is that you can use just "creator" and "title" tags to be able to use XSPF and load track present in your library w/o relying on track location. Only component that implements this remains foo_softplaylist which I think is open sourced...

foo_xpsf_1

Reply #2
@romor

hmmmm, I never thought using playlist like that before... maybe it's worth implement.

About the other 2 plugins. I couldn't find the old one, and foo_softplaylist *sometimes doesn't even generate valid xpsf format...

Just pick the one suits you

foo_xpsf_1

Reply #3
foo_softplaylist generates valid xspf. Please show output that's not valid.
What's no valid here is that you require location element which is optional.

Sorry if my reply offended you in any way, but the XSPF schema is schema of optional elements and I see it's purpose not as just being playlist in XML format, but pushing possibilities further. Otherwise what's the point of XML playlist?

Cheers

foo_xpsf_1

Reply #4
@romor

I looked to the specs again, there are indeed mentioning of "fuzzy lookups", which I really didn't think of before. Using playlist without location tag is really cool I admit...

I should be more specific, foo_softplaylist *sometimes doesn't generate valid xspf when unicode char (or should be MBCS) characters are present in tag fields
for example this string in title "魂のルフラン"

foo_xpsf_1

Reply #5
Great, I wish you extend your component with fuzzy logic even beyond what's possible with foo_softplaylist, as I I think that's what's XSPF is about. It's up to developers to push the direction. Most implementations I've seen is playlist without location tag (which is indeed most cool), but that not the only possibility of course.

About the encoding problems I can't confirm any problems - I tried only compilation I had in glyphs (高橋哲也 - Ex Machina) and it showed correctly in utf-8 encoded XSPF playlist.