Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 'skin' switching dropdown list (Read 3813 times) previous topic - next topic

'skin' switching dropdown list

I'd like a plugin that can switch Columns layouts and global/columns settings around via a dropdown list. Could this plugin be made?

Reply #1
already available
Name: Columns UI

make buttons with context menu options

Reply #2
But that doesn't include colours and such...

Reply #3
But that doesn't include colours and such...

I don't know about a plugin, but it's pretty freakin easy to get some kickass 'skins' for foobar2000.  try going here and scrolling down to search box and typing 'fcs', then do a search in the topic for the same search term.  then find a skin that suits you, and download the corresponding fcs file.  then run foobar2000, press ctrl+p, go to display > columns ui and select 'main' tab, then click the 'import...' "button" and select the fcs file you saved.  voila.  new skin is all yours.  thanks to those dedicated creative scripters who provide us with great skins (even though i use the default one).

Reply #4
You can change layouts with a hotkey. And for different columns you can make them show/hide based on playlist names.
e.g. you have an album column and don't want it to show in the playlist named NEW, then do this, In Prefs > Display > Columns UI > Playlist view > Filter type: Hide on playlist > Filtered playlists: NEW
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #5
I think this is more about the configuration of Columns themselves, e.g., what information there should be in Columns. Per example, my artist column has colours in it, customized coliurs. Changing a 'skin' would need to adust the Columns themselves as well. The same goes for displayed plugins like Browser and Playlist_tree. They must all be changed according to what theme you want.
There's a storm on the loose, there's sirens in my head...

Reply #6
I think this is more about the configuration of Columns themselves, e.g., what information there should be in Columns. Per example, my artist column has colours in it, customized coliurs. Changing a 'skin' would need to adust the Columns themselves as well. The same goes for displayed plugins like Browser and Playlist_tree. They must all be changed according to what theme you want.

Yes, yes.  That's what I mean.  Would there be a way to get all the information of multiple 'skins' into dropdown lists?