Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC versus CueTools "Verify" Difference (Read 3535 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC versus CueTools "Verify" Difference

I have a question, yesterday I got a CD, Colbie Caillat's "Breakthrough"

I ripped it in secure mode with EAC and I use accurip with EAC as well.

The EAC log says: "no errors" and each track has a cofidence of 28 and one has a confidence of 29. The test CRC and rip CRCs all match.

So all is good.

Anyway I decided to check this using CueTools. So I opened CueTools and used the "Verify" option and it says "Disk not present in database."

OK I was wondering how this possible. I was thinking that if the EAC rip has such a high confidence, (I assume 28 is a high number) that the disk must be in the accurip database.

It's no great deal as I'm sure the rip I got is correct, but I was wondering, I guess I'm not understanding the "verify" on CueTools correctly

Reply #2
Anyway I decided to check this using CueTools. So I opened CueTools and used the "Verify" option and it says "Disk not present in database."

OK I was wondering how this possible.

CUETools cannot find the right disc ID if the CD has a data track, or if the CD does not start at frame # 150.
Edit: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=96858

Reply #3
It will if there is a log file with a TOC and the CUE sheet indicates the proper start point.  I am surprised you are not aware of this fact.  I'm also somewhat surprised that spoon isn't aware of this either.