Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Panels UI: album art retrieval syntax modification (Read 3228 times) previous topic - next topic

Panels UI: album art retrieval syntax modification

Hello all,

I am a newbie to foobar and am currently using the fofr configuration for panelsUI. I am seeking help with artist art retrieval. Fofr supports album art as well as artist art retrieval in the following way:

"Configuring Album Art and Artist Image Sources:
For Version 0.7 and Later:
File > Preferences: Display > Panels UI >Layout.
Under User Globals you shall see (this or something similar):
$puts(coverPath,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,folder.*))
$puts(artistPath,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,artist.*))
Replace these terms with the method you use for locating your cover and artist image files. If changed correctly they will show up correctly throughout the layout. By default the layout falls back on *.jpg for cover art."

However, the way my music directories are structured (My Music/artist/album/music files) makes it very tedious for artist art to be retrieved, as I would have to put the artist art in each album directory.

I don’t know how the syntax works, but I imagine this can be done by moving up one directory after locating the music file path and then seeking the artist art. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge about coding which is why I am reaching out to the community.  If someone could help me modify the syntax so that the artist art can be retrieved from the artists folder instead of the album folder, that would be great! 

Thanks guys.

Reply #1
Where do you have your artist images (full path)?

Reply #2
Where do you have your artist images (full path)?

By default my artist images would have to be placed,

C:\Documents and Settings\*********\My Documents\My Music\m-flo\COSMICOLOR

To be able to be retrieved.

The problem arises when there are multiple albums. Fofr will not apply the artist art it finds in one album directory to the rest of the artist's albums. I am trying to remedy this so I don't have to put the same artist art in each album directory.

Reply #3
I think you're asking for this:
Code: [Select]
$puts(artistPath,$replace(%path%,%directory%'\'%filename_ext%,artist.*))