Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: %<tag>% and Playlist Tree (Read 2834 times) previous topic - next topic

%<tag>% and Playlist Tree

I have a large classical collection and have a lot of tracks with multiple artists.  I have set up a query in the Playlist Tree panel using the %<artist>% format so each artist shows up separate.  That works fine but I would like to have an intermediate node that has the first letter of the artist so all of the A artists are in a folder, the B artists in another and so on.  Now I know that the %<tag>% format doesn't play well with sting manipulation functions but I was wondering if any one has any work arounds or tips and tricks.  Even if I had to write a different query for each letter of the alphabet!  Just can figure out how to do it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Reply #1
I use this in foo_browser to get the the first letter of the artist tag: $upper($left(%artist%,1))

Hopefully, it will work with Playlist Tree.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #2
That works fine in Playlist tree - grouping all items under the initial letter. Obviously, a letter will not appear unless you have some item(s) starting with it.

In Playlist tree:

Source:
@database

Query:

Format:
$upper($left(%artist%,1))|%artist%|%album%|[$num(%tracknumber%,2)]%title%