Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1347961 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2975
Thanks for testing and the crash dumps...
Crash was fixed, but alexinc reported also problems in track ordering,
another release in a few days seems to be unavoidable  :-[

Reply #2976
Thanks for testing and the crash dumps...
Crash was fixed, but alexinc reported also problems in track ordering,
another release in a few days seems to be unavoidable  :-[

Take your time! I'm sure we're all more than patient and thankful for the time and work you're spending keeping this project alive.

Reply #2977
That is what I was doing after tagging with discogs component as a workarround all this time

Spliting the single value "," sepparate that discogs tagger writes make the tag multivalue.
Maybe I understand wrong but the field must be writen as multivalue for the component, like the others. right?

I dont know what you mean by 'after tagging'. Why not doing it in one single step? Adding a new tag for example MY_ARTISTS_MEMBERS and keeping the DISCOGS_ARTISTS_MEMBERS for updates. No further step needed afaik.

Your understanding is right, using the FB2K API, it means calling meta_add_value instead of meta_set. After that, FB2K deals with the API request, taking into consideration the tag type specifications, or maybe delegating to another library...  ???

Ok. Now I get what you're saying.

Correct the tag in tag mapping of discogs tagger.

I don't know that the component can do that, I thought that it only worked with the discogs info.

Anyway I need to run a script to correct other tag like genre and style so it is not a big deal.

Reply #2978
Hello hai.
The latest release
v2.23-mod.09
crashed foobar pretty hard when attempting to update a release (it did show the release, and the file to discogs entry UI, crash occured when going to the changes/overview page, without showing it).

Hope this helps. Let me know if/how I should send the logs, or better even, which part.

Churs,
c.

ps.
2nd attempt, with a release that did not have tags, it went through fine without the crash...
3rd attempt on a previously tagged release = no crash either.
odd.

Reply #2979
Hey @da yuyu, a few minor annoyances when using the tagger.
When I first open the tagging dialogue, the focus does not seem to be in the Artist search field. I think it used to be, although I may be wrong.
Also, when I've typed the artist name, hitting Enter no longer activates the search - I need to click the Search button.
So there are two mouse clicks needed where I would like not to have to use the mouse at all.

Separately, although I do like the new album results listing, there are a few regressions.
When the artist has multiple pages to be loaded before the results show, I like to already type in the release title. This used to be fine, but now that filter is erased when the results are loaded!
Also, we used to be able to double click on any release to open it in a browser window. This was very useful for previewing which release I was actually looking for - I'd really like that back.

Thanks for all your work!

Reply #2980
Hello frogworth, thanks for your feedback  :o
Sorry for the regressions you're noticing...
I need time to get some of those UI optimizations back when possible.
For now you may avoid clicking the search by TAB + Enter?

Nevertheless, some thoughts we can take into consideration... the trick vs the price:
- Enter key trick vs form Tab key navigation (was it broken?)
- Automatic expansion of masters on selection vs Up\Down arrow key list scrolling.
- Double clicking on releases vs mouse expand/collapse master branches.
- Automatic fill of filter with album name vs fill with master name.

IMHO, tab navigation is a quite essential, would rather choose expand/collapse at the expense of double clickin, also use right click a lot. Up\Down arrow key navigation is also a must, quite basic.

But I'm determined to have all original features back to normal (at least as configurable options)...
This mod is still quite starting to crawl, wouldnt even call it a pre-beta  O:)

Reply #2981
Hi Alec.tron, sorry about that... a few bugs and crashes have been fixed.
Next release will be much more usable I hope.

Thanks for the update!!

A quick note re:
Thanks for testing  :)

I just did a quick test with a release that had an old/wrong ReleaseID. So in that process I needed to update some info with the different release ID.
The componenet (mod 3) correctly took & displayed all release info, but only applied most of it.
The one that didn't I noticed was the ReleaseID - i.e it was shown in the overview with the new ID, but the old one persisted afterwards and the new was not written to the files.
Also - in the mapping dialogue - ReleaseID  was set to write+update, but the whole line/field was greyed out in the mapping overview. So to my understanding this should have been written, but wasn't.
Could someone else see if this is replicatable for others ?

Cheers.
c.

I also noticed some unexpected results in both the original and modded component
The component allows updating Release Id (and other fields) in some circumstances...

I tried this:
-track 1: with release Id, track 2: empty release Id
Select both tracks, Write Tags... and both tracks are tagged with the new Release id.
Is that explained anywhere in the components docs?

Reply #2982
For now you may avoid clicking the search by TAB + Enter?
Ah OK, yes Tab a couple of times does work - thanks!
I would prefer to hit Enter - my muscle memory does it every time, so I believe the component used to behave like that(?)

I love the idea of more keyboard navigation and functionality mind you!

Reply #2983
When I add an album, and select all the files in the the main FB2K playlist window, and right click, tagging, Discogs, the 'Update album/artist art' is greyed out, along with most of the other options. Same if I select the album folder in the file browser. Any clues?

Sorry I know this is old but I am having this exact issue. I didn't see a resolution posted below. Did you or anyone figure how to fix this? (greyed out options, can no longer download album art, tried on numerous songs, tried restarting).

Reply #2984
Howdy everyone

Consistently getting the following error using DiscogsTagger->Write Tags in foobar under wine:
Code: [Select]
(FATAL) Error: Network exceptionNetwork authentication error (80096004) (url: https://img.discogs.com/Tncd2sGO2n5XlJfltN0iXBylWLY=/fit-in/150x150/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(40)/discogs-images/R-472708-1194159595.jpeg.jpg)

You'll notice that whole thing starting w/ http is actually a valid link, but I don't understand why I'm getting the authentication error.
Writing tags without album art works fine though.

Thank you for any help!

Reply #2985
As an addendum to my last message, OAuth is working according to the plugin. I can write tags fine, but it seems when I use album art, it fails.

Thank yall

Reply #2986
@vladim1r

These options become available when the selected tracks have been tagged...

Update Album/Artist Art (DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID)
View Release Page (DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID)
View Master Release Page (DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID or DISCOGS_MASTER_RELEASE_ID)
View Artist Page (DISCOGS_ARTIST_ID)
View Artist Art Page (DISCOGS_ARTIST_ID)
View Label Page (DISCOGS_LABEL_ID)
View  Album Art Page (DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID)

@eljeffe

Just in case it may help... I tested under wine v6.5 and artwork downloads normally. Maybe not your case but limited access to Discogs servers (OAuth working and artwork failing) can be caused by iptables blocking Discogs connections.

Cheers

Reply #2987
Just in case it may help... I tested under wine v6.5 and artwork downloads normally. Maybe not your case but limited access to Discogs servers (OAuth working and artwork failing) can be caused by iptables blocking Discogs connections.

Thanks for the tip! Care to elaborate on how I can check my iptables? Is that a Wine setting?

Reply #2988
If you are not familiar with iptables, they surely can be discarded.
I mentioned it in case you were managing network traffic yourself.

Just giving some more tips you may have already taken into consideration...

- You might have reached some image limits in the api
- There might be some temporal issues accessing Discogs infrastructure from your location.
- The problem might only be affecting a particular release.

Reply #2989
- You might have reached some image limits in the api
- There might be some temporal issues accessing Discogs infrastructure from your location.
- The problem might only be affecting a particular release.
Not only affecting one release, it does it for all of them.
Discogs is mostly working - I can still write tags, just not download images.
I'm thinking there might be a limit I have hit - I've done 700 of these things over the last few months and this month has been particularly busy. I'll take a look see if I can find out limits.

Found this, I wonder if it's of any use?
https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/863968

Finally figured it out. I needed to set a User-Agent in my direct urllib request to pull down the cover art. Used to work for a long time without it, but now that that's added I'm back in business. I used the same user agent I sent to the discogs_client.Client() constructor. hope that helps someone.
Thanks

Reply #2990
I don't know whether changing the component user agent would make any difference in relation to reaching image limits or if doing so would end up getting into more complicated situations.

As you say, image limit seams quite plausible, getting the image via internet browser sort of a consolation prize to people reaching api limits.

It would be best if someone in the forum could shed some light on how long does the image limit flag last, if it is worth creating another account...

I am working on the part of my collection still missing metadata in a few days, so might as well end up in the same situation.

Thanks
Cheers

Reply #2991
As you say, image limit seams quite plausible, getting the image via internet browser sort of a consolation prize to people reaching api limits.

I'm getting this

(FATAL) Error [release 1521081]: Unknown network exception.(url: https://img.discogs.com/t_sYcVDr16RUl-bD4FIpAhN0fgM=/fit-in/264x263/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1521081-1225753143.jpeg.jpg)
(FATAL) Error: Unknown network exception.(url: https://img.discogs.com/t_sYcVDr16RUl-bD4FIpAhN0fgM=/fit-in/264x263/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1521081-1225753143.jpeg.jpg)

[ESCAPE to close]

and I didn't tag any released in a long time, maybe weeks

Also running in wine and no changes in iptables beyond the defaults distribution settings

I try with wine stable, wine-devel and wine-staging. All give this error

Reply #2992
Can you open the artwork link from your browser? What component version are you running?
I was under the impression that small album art errors were not treated as fatal since v2.23-mod.07.

Reply #2993
Can you open the artwork link from your browser?
Yes
What component version are you running?

This

A tagger using the Discogs (https://www.discogs.com) database.

Original Author:  zoomorph (2.23)
Version: 2.23-mod.05 by DaYuyu
Compiled: Feb 27 2021
Mod Website: https://github.com/ghDaYuYu/foo_discogs

Thanks to Michael Pujos (aka bubbleguuum) for starting this project (up to version 1.32).

This plugin uses the following open source libraries (thanks to their respective authors):

jansson - JSON Parser: http://www.digip.org/jansson/
liboauthcpp - OAuth library: https://github.com/sirikata/liboauthcpp

I was under the impression that small album art errors were not treated as fatal since v2.23-mod.07.

So i have mod 05 so i miss some release.

I'll search and install mod 07 and come back with the results

A moment later...

There is a lot of new release in your github. I only follow this forum so i must bookmark your github too.

Reply #2994
Trying v2.23-mod.15

with wine-staging no luck

(FATAL) Error [release 1521081]: Unknown network exception.(url: https://img.discogs.com/t_sYcVDr16RUl-bD4FIpAhN0fgM=/fit-in/264x263/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1521081-1225753143.jpeg.jpg)
(FATAL) Error: Unknown network exception.(url: https://img.discogs.com/t_sYcVDr16RUl-bD4FIpAhN0fgM=/fit-in/264x263/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1521081-1225753143.jpeg.jpg)

[ESCAPE to close]

but with wine-stable works, so looks like a regression in wine staging

Reply #2995
I found a solution to download images and using wine-staging.

In foobar2000-Preferences-Advanced-Networking-Suppress HTPPS certificate checks for domains add img.discogs.com,api.discogs.com and the errors gone away.

Reply #2997
@frogworth
Thanks for the dump file, I tried crashing the component by following the description in your post but couldn´t. The .dmp file showed the code routine causing it though. Need to set aside some time for it, hopefully that crash won´t occur in next update.

Next update will focus on...
- Browse to current master/release item to make it visible when opening the release panel
- Refine release filter typing
- Custom columns on release panel

Reply #2998
Just thought I'd leave my syntax here for Title and featuring artist(s) with help from alec.trons post and zoomorphs post.

It replaces (Original Mix) and formats the TITLE like so: Title feat. Artist 1, Artist 2

$trim($pputs(Vartitle,$replace(%TRACK_TITLE%, '('Original Mix')',)))$trim($pputs(varFeat,$filter($flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Featuring')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),)),))$if($any($pget(varFeat)),$pget(Vartitle) 'feat. '$join($pget(varFeat)),$pget(Vartitle)))

Reply #2999
I haven't been following & don't have any time for this right now, but nice work da yuyu. If you make a MR on bitbucket some time I would review them and merge into the main release, once they are stable.

Did you ever fix the issue of it being very slow (at least under wine)? That seemed like a major issue.