Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: $imageabs2, $alignabs (Read 6907 times) previous topic - next topic

$imageabs2, $alignabs

I'm using "Playlist single column". Maybe someone could give a quick beginners explanation to the functions $imageabs2, $alignabs and $drawrect? The wiki doesn't give me anything.

What are the specific parameters? What is alignabs intended for?

$alignabs(,,,,,)

$imageabs2(,,,,,,,,,)

$drawrect(,,,,brushcolor-242-242-242 pencolor-0-0-0)

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #1
$imageabs2(,,,,,,,,,)

I am filling this in as i discover the functions. This thread can in the future when completed be linked to when people ask about these functions (available documentations are not really explanatory at the moment). I am sorry if I use the wrong terminology somewhere. Feel free to fill in and correct me.

$imageabs2(width,height,,,,,,,,)

The first two parameters are width and height of the displayed image. These parameters are used to resize the image (zoom). If numbers are left out it will default to display the original size of the image.

$imageabs2(width,height,left-offset,top-offset,,,,,,)

The third and fourth parameters define from what pixel (line) the image should begin to be displayed, i.e. it cuts the image.

$imageabs2(width,height,left-offset,top-offset,width-displayed,height-displayed,,,,)

The fifth and sixth parameters define the actual displayed width and height of the picture. This will cut the image in the right and bottom edge if numbers are below the width and height defined by the first and second parameters explained above.

$imageabs2(width,height,left-offset,top-offset,width-displayed,height-displayed,x-pos,y-pos,,)

The seventh and eighth parameters are the coordinates where you want to display the image.

$imageabs2(width,height,left-offset,top-offset,width-displayed,height-displayed,x-pos,y-pos,file,)

The ninth parameter is the full, absolute path to the image file.

$imageabs2(width,height,left-offset,top-offset,width-displayed,height-displayed,x-pos,y-pos,file,alpha-'0-255')

The tenth and last parameter defines the alpha transparency of the image. alpha-255 gives no transparency and 0 gives full transparency (invisible).

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #2
Does anyone have a link to the proper, up to date documentation of the new things, as there's stuff like $button and $button2 iirc. :/
hi

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #3
changelogs usually have the new functions syntaxes in
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #4
Updated. I'd be grateful if someone could help me with the last parameter for $imageabs2.

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #5
last parameter is Alpha, i.e. the transparency of the object.

Ranges from 0-255 i believe...with 255 being 100% visible and 0 being 0% visible.

...,alpha-'0-255')

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #6
last parameter is Alpha, i.e. the transparency of the object.

Ranges from 0-255 i believe...with 255 being 100% visible and 0 being 0% visible.

...,alpha-'0-255')

Thanks! Updated.

This should complete the description of the $imageabs2 function.

Maybe someone of the more experienced could help me check if something in my descriptions should be better exlained. Maybe I'm using the wrong terms somewhere or explaining something from the wrong perspective.

I'm only doing this because I thought it was needed, and I needed to figure them out for myself anyway (I was searching for documentation about the functions but didn't find anything).

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #7
changelogs usually have the new functions syntaxes in

i didn't find an explanation for $imageabs2, too. neither on the web, nor in the changelogs of the downloads.
so thanx for the thread joule!! i am sure many ppl will appreciate it.

(for me the thread came a little too late as i discovered how it works by "try & error"  )

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #8
Does anyone know if imageabs2 has trouble dealing with large image files? 

I'm resizing some larger (1000x1000ish) album art for my single column playlist style, and all off them are extremely fuzzy.  The smaller ones (less than 600x600) resize okay.

$imageabs2, $alignabs

Reply #9
And what is the difference between imageabs and imageabs2? Is it just a kind of new version?