Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible to control foobar through vb6? (Read 2863 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible to control foobar through vb6?

I'm making a little program in vb6 (i know it's not the best language) and am struggling to implement features to change volume and song position.  I currently can change songs/stop/play and simple stuff like that.  Is there a way I can send messages to the command line to control foobar, or a better way to remotely control it?

Reply #2
Is it possible to communicate to fb2k via DDE?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=319330"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've never used DDE so i'm not sure.  I looked through SDK but got confused pretty quickly... I've read that you can control foobar through the command line, how extensively can it be controlled (more specifically, can it change volume/song position).  If so, then all I would need to do is find a way to send text to the command line.

Reply #3
I can't think of a non hacky way of controlling fb from vb, but maybe just map some shortcuts and do a sendkeys from vb? It'll be hard to get input back though.

Reply #4
There is foo_comserver from foosion. I'm pretty sure he released it at least in the foobar2000 IRC channel, but I can't find it anywhere in the forum. Let's see what he has to say...

Reply #5
There is foo_comserver from foosion. I'm pretty sure he released it at least in the foobar2000 IRC channel, but I can't find it anywhere in the forum. Let's see what he has to say...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For 0.9, see his beta page:
[a href="http://foosion.foobar2000.org/beta/]http://foosion.foobar2000.org/beta/[/url]

Reply #6
After messing around, I think i'm just going to use commandlines... so
"{foobar.exe}" "/command:Playback/Seek ahead by 1 minute" - to seek ahead 1 minute.

Is this a bad way to approach the issue? I'll check out the other mentioned stuff.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021