Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to extract audio from MP4 (H.264/AAC) & MKV (VP9/Opus) without re-encoding? (Read 4373 times) previous topic - next topic

How to extract audio from MP4 (H.264/AAC) & MKV (VP9/Opus) without re-encoding?

How to extract audio from MP4 (H.264/AAC) & MKV (VP9/Opus) without re-encoding? (100% lossless please)

Re: How to extract audio from MP4 (H.264/AAC) & MKV (VP9/Opus) without re-encoding?

Reply #1
ffmpeg -hide_banner -i input.mp4 -timestamp now -vn -c:a copy output.m4a
ffmpeg -hide_banner -i input.mkv -timestamp now -vn -c:a copy output.opus

Re: How to extract audio from MP4 (H.264/AAC) & MKV (VP9/Opus) without re-encoding?

Reply #2
Any pro FFmpeg GUI suggestion for Win x64?

Reply #3
Losslesscut

Reply #4
Losslesscut

Can I losslessly extract audio from video with that app (100% lossless demuxing)?

Reply #7
what do the errors say?

also, if you click the ? then at the very end of the page it says:

Quote from: losslesscut[/quote
LAST FFMPEG COMMANDS
The last executed ffmpeg commands will show up here after you run operations. You can copy them to clipboard and modify them to your needs before running on your command line.

This command might be useful in establishing whether or not it's an ffmeg issue, a losslesscut issue or the media file you're providing it with.

Also, if you read about the program all it does is provide a GUI/frontend for ffmpeg.

Reply #8
what do the errors say?

also, if you click the ? then at the very end of the page it says:

Quote from: losslesscut[/quote
LAST FFMPEG COMMANDS
The last executed ffmpeg commands will show up here after you run operations. You can copy them to clipboard and modify them to your needs before running on your command line.

This command might be useful in establishing whether or not it's an ffmeg issue, a losslesscut issue or the media file you're providing it with.

Also, if you read about the program all it does is provide a GUI/frontend for ffmpeg.

Could you please write a tutorial: how to 100% losslessy remux?

Reply #9
Its been a while since I've had the need to extract from a container, but I think MKV Extract can do what you're wanting.

Reply #10
Its been a while since I've had the need to extract from a container, but I think MKV Extract can do what you're wanting.

Does it support MP4?

Reply #11
MP4: Load file into losslesscut > click Tracks > click on the tracks to disable them leaving only the audio track you want > Export > Select ipod - M4A - Audio for iTunes > Export

MKV: Load file into losslesscut > click Tracks > click on the tracks to disable them leaving only the audio track you want > Export > Select opus - Ogg Vorbis > Export

Reply #12
MP4: Load file into losslesscut > click Tracks > click on the tracks to disable them leaving only the audio track you want > Export > Select ipod - M4A - Audio for iTunes > Export

MKV: Load file into losslesscut > click Tracks > click on the tracks to disable them leaving only the audio track you want > Export > Select opus - Ogg Vorbis > Export

Thank you so much.