Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar200 Mobile Android Genre Shuffle? (Read 2261 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar200 Mobile Android Genre Shuffle?

[Duplication of post in here:

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=119340.msg984001;topicseen#new

I put it in here too, so that its more relevant for mobile.]

Hello!

I just tried the foobar2000 mobile.
I would like to ask or else suggest a future feature.
In the main window, when I click on genre, then I cannot shuffle for a specific genre.
That is, it just goes under genre, then I have to select some artist, and only then can I click shuffle.
Is it possible to shuffle on a particular genre.
So that in the end, I can listen randomly, to all artists that belong to a specific genre.
In general, it would be nice, if I could shuffle on other categories as well.

Re: foobar200 Mobile Android Genre Shuffle?

Reply #1
[Duplication of post in here:

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=119340.msg984001;topicseen#new

I put it in here too, so that its more relevant for mobile.]

Hello!

I just tried the foobar2000 mobile.
I would like to ask or else suggest a future feature.
In the main window, when I click on genre, then I cannot shuffle for a specific genre.
That is, it just goes under genre, then I have to select some artist, and only then can I click shuffle.
Is it possible to shuffle on a particular genre.
So that in the end, I can listen randomly, to all artists that belong to a specific genre.
In general, it would be nice, if I could shuffle on other categories as well.
Yes please, I would really like this missing feature as well. Like other categories, all tracks and shuffle by album under the main Genre heading would be very much appreciated!

Reply #2
This is so incredibly needed. I can't even manage to get my Foobar2000 mobile on Android to reflect my perfectly-tagged metadata with any accuracy, which is all sourced/stored in my Foobar2000 (PC). Making playlists is a NIGHTMARE. At this point I'm trying to find a lightweight client that isn't Foobar that works.

Reply #3
Click on Genre
then click on the specific Genre for more then 1 second.
Choose "Create A New Playlist"
Play the new playlist in Shuffle.
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Reply #4
Click on Genre
then click on the specific Genre for more then 1 second.
Choose "Create A New Playlist"
Play the new playlist in Shuffle.
This doesn’t work in IOS or Android versions. It should be straight forward as the shuffle all tracks and Shuffle Albums options already exist in other category lists. I’m really hoping this gets added in the near future as it is a key feature that I find missing, and is the only reason to stay with the Apple Music app.