Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Please bring back the edit-replaygain-info menu command. (Read 1932 times) previous topic - next topic

Please bring back the edit-replaygain-info menu command.

It's not obsolete, only slightly redundant. It's still much quicker to use than getting into the Properties and navigating to the correct tab and allows bulk value editing of multiple song selections at once...

It's something people never even unhide from the settings. There's little point removing something that a niche subset of people use that doesn't affect others. I've seen people also mentioning they used shortcuts to functions that were removed.

Bulk editing on the properties tab will also be a lot more work for little to no gain compared to just bringing back the edit-replaygain-info menu command. But if you guys really want to at least try and make it as efficient as using the deprecated command at least let us use the old one until the properties tab has the same functionality...

Re: Please bring back the edit-replaygain-info menu command.

Reply #1
I agree. It's very useful for me.

Please, bring back the edit-replaygain-info menu command!

Reply #2
Since beta 3 you can open Properties ReplayGain tab directly, using a keyboard shortcut, if that's what you're after.

Please clarify what exactly you need it for other than that. Do you want to manually set fixed gain on multiple files?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Thank you very much for your attention! I became a huge fan of your work!

Please see the photos below. I built a very rich theme with shortcuts on toolbars, including a bar exclusively dedicated to ReplayGain that covers all possible features. I use these shortcuts a lot in the toolbars, they are very useful to me.

The new beta version broke these functions. I tried to remedy it in another way, but I was unsuccessful.

Reply #4
Do you want to manually set fixed gain on multiple files?

Yes. I would also like a replay-gain button back where it was before. It takes so much more time navigating to the correct tab. It may not be something I use everyday, but when I do need it I might spend a couple of days just organizing files. Even if now the new button just opens up the new properties tab I guess it'd be better than nothing.

If I have multiple files selected when I add them they would also need to be pre-selected on the tab. I guess a modal box should also open so we can directly input values without more clicking. If I'm editing a 30 file album re-selecting all of them is a waste of time.
I guess you can also have an edit all button for people who might want to select them all from inside the tab and just use that function automatically when multiple files are added to begin with. The ability to select/de-select multiple files with the regular Ctrl + right click should also be implemented in that tab.

I still don't understand why remove functions like this... There are hundreds of options hidden in the settings that I don't use but I understand if other people use them. Unlike Johny I even just use the regular interface with only a couple of tweaks for column information...

Reply #5
I totally agree.

Reply #6
The ability to select/de-select multiple files with the regular Ctrl + right click should also be implemented in that tab.

I meant Ctrl + left click btw.

Reply #7
Addressed to some extent in 1.6 beta 6 - you can now batch-edit ReplayGain info with the Properties dialog.
If you insist, I'll resurrect the old dialog as a part of the Classic Properties component.

Reply #8
If you insist, I'll resurrect the old dialog as a part of the Classic Properties component.

If it wasn't too much work it'd be awesome. Everything else replay-gain related is still there, like the "remove replay-gain" etc. Or at least put a shortcut to the new settings tab. It'd make the change a lot more streamlined; not having to navigate the UI with the mouse so much.

The properties tab works well now. Only annoying thing is the new keyboard shortcuts aren't accepted if we have a cell editable. The keyboard shortcuts could override that, make it less confusing for people who don't know how it works.

A specific suggestion I'd probably make is that the summary should be on top, it gets hidden when a lot of files are selected. It'd make more sense for it to be the first thing in the tab.

Reply #9
Preview:
[link removed]
Please test. It now shows the "Edit ReplayGain Information" menu item if running on foobar2000 v1.6 or newer - using exact code from old foobar2000.

Further changes to the modern Properties dialog / ReplayGain tab layout will be made in foobar2000 v1.6.1.

Update: new component is now live-
https://foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_properties_classic

Reply #10
Hey man thanks for the changes. I haven't had the time to sit down and test it out. I'll let you know asap.

Reply #11
I'm out from my PC right now, so, sorry for this question:

• Is there the context for 'Apply track ReplayGain to file content' like the image below?

Reply #12
I remembered I hadn't gotten back to you. Everything seems to be working as expected with the Classic Properties Dialog. Thanks a bunch :D

The properties tab also seems to be working as expected. I still think the summary should be the first thing to show. But I don't care much. ^.^