Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to sort playlist alphabetically? (Read 3581 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to sort playlist alphabetically?

Hey guys,

At the moment I am just adding the playlists in alpha order myself, but as it grows it gets increasingly annoying since I have around 100 :3

Is there any way of sorting the list alphabetically automatically with a script of some kind?

I am using the NG Playlist.

Thanks for any help.

Reply #1
Need clarification. Do you literally want the playlist files themselves (.m3u) sorted in alpha order or the artist, album name? To sort by artist for example just click the column header (the column's name at the top).

Reply #2
Need clarification. Do you literally want the playlist files themselves (.m3u) sorted in alpha order or the artist, album name? To sort by artist for example just click the column header (the column's name at the top).

I want the actual playlists containing the songs sorted in alpha order. Not the content within the playlist :3

Reply #4
or the simplaylist_manager available on official site. it offers more criterions for sorting (by all columns available in ui-element)

Reply #5
The OP say's he is using NG Playlist (viewer), therefore he is is using the Columns UI alternative user interface.
The SimPlaylist Manager is for Default UI.

As a Columns UI user myself, I understand what the OP is saying.
The built in Playlist organizer panel (Playlist Switcher) does not have a "sort items ..." function at its context menu !
How musicmusic (developer of Columns UI) forgot to put that essential context menu item there ...I WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND !

If he comes back from the dead and reads this, then PLEASE update your Playlist Switcher; you forgot to add something.

Reply #6
The OP say's he is using NG Playlist (viewer), therefore he is is using the Columns UI alternative user interface.

No, that's wrong. Just the ui-element is for DUI - but the freefloating window is callable in CUI.

Edit:

You also can call facets that way in CUI. It's usual in DUI that the ui-elements are also callable as windows. Does CUI-developer write their components only as panels? 

Reply #7

No, that's wrong. Just the ui-element is for DUI - but the freefloating window is callable in CUI.

Edit:

You also can call facets that way in CUI. It's usual in DUI that the ui-elements are also callable as windows. Does CUI-developer write their components only as panels? 

So wait, can I dock it because I am trying now and it's impossibru?