Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stop after queue option in foobar2000 (Read 2725 times) previous topic - next topic

Stop after queue option in foobar2000

There was an option to stop playback after queue before in older versions of foobar2000 and I loved it but I noticed it's gone now.
Whatever happened to that? I tried using plugin for that but it sucks. It starts next song and then it stops. I like the way it worked before. It simply enabled stop after current when last queued song is playing and disabled if I add another one.
I want that option back!

Re: Stop after queue option in foobar2000

Reply #1
"Stop after current" is very important to me too - in fact I chose Foobar 2000 on that basis because I use it for playing backing tracks at live gigs, and I need to set up my guitar or announce the track etc. and be able to select and play the next track when I'm ready. I have version 1.3.8 at the moment and this works fine, but I've just downloaded 1.3.10 but not installed it yet. So if this is true, thanks for posting!  I shall go back to Winamp or stick with my current version.

Reply #2
I hope they fix this in the next version. Why did they remove it? It's like "what were they thinking"!

Reply #3
UPDATE - I just installed update to v1.3.10 and for me this option "stop after current" is still there and works as before. Is this option not in your Playback tab?

Reply #4
Stop after current works but I want it to be enabled automatically when the last queued track is playing.

Reply #5
OK, this is a different requirement to mine. I hope they listen to your request - good luck.

Reply #6
As far as I'm aware stop after queue has never existed in core foobar2000. I however updated my Stop After Queue component to handle the stopping more cleanly.

Reply #7
Thank you! This plugin is so essential to me I forgot it's not included with foobar by default I guess. I don't know how I removed it.

Reply #8
One thing I was able to do before but can't now is when I played one song and enabled stop after current but changed my mind later and added another song to queue stop after current would automatically be disabled. How can I do this?

Reply #9
I just tried Stop After Queue in v1.4, and it did not appear to work.  I had 3 tracks in the Playback Queue, and when the last one finished, Foobar proceeded to play tracks from my library.

Reply #10
You need to enable the feature just like you'd enable "stop after current". You can enable the functionality from the Playback menu.

Reply #11
You need to enable the feature just like you'd enable "stop after current". You can enable the functionality from the Playback menu.

@Case thanks for your reply from August.   With this installed, I still don't see where to activate it.  Screenshots:

Reply #12
^ Case said the Playback MENU (not preferences) - as in the one next to File, Edit, View, Playback. ;)