Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC to an external hard drive (Read 2306 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC to an external hard drive

(1st, I'll admit to being a audio software idiot; and for that, I apologize up front)

Simply put: it's time for me to transfer 100's of audio CD to an external hard drive that I can carry around across multiple locations...
I'd  been told that the gold standard is EAC (Exact Audio Copy.)
However, it seems (to me) that this software is designed to rip to another CD; NOT to a drive (external or otherwise.)
* Is this correct?

Presuming not, I started surfing on the web for an alternate software; and that's when my head started spinning.

ANY thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated in advance,
m

Re: EAC to an external hard drive

Reply #1
However, it seems (to me) that this software is designed to rip to another CD; NOT to a drive (external or otherwise.)
* Is this correct?
No, EAC rips to a hard drive.   It can rip to a single file with a cue sheet, or as individual tracks.

Reply #2
thanks !

would you be able to direct me where the the switch to do so is?
(for the life of me... i still can't find it)

m.

Reply #3
What do you mean? It always converts to local storage. You'll have to configure it to save to your external drive, or you'll have to simply build up all the files locally first, then mass copy them over, which is probably the better option anyway.

Reply #4
thanks !

would you be able to direct me where the the switch to do so is?
(for the life of me... i still can't find it)

m.

Not sure of the confusion, you tell EAC where to save it's files, it's always been like that and I presume the website http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ will tell you exactly what you need to know.