Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ...and we are back (Read 3949 times) previous topic - next topic

...and we are back

The datacenter we host with lost all network connectivity, including redundancies.

In the last 20 years we have nearly had a 100% uptime, once stung around 15 years ago when GoDaddy messed up their DNS servers, that was a 3-4 day outage from memory.

Then our previous datacenter, had 3 network connections, one was down for maintenance, a builder dug through one, leaving just one, and the datacenter cut through the working one thinking it was the damaged one, that was a 1 day outage also.

It happens, even to the best of them (a few days ago, Facebook lost their authentication servers).

Will work with the datacenter to understand why the redundancies failed over the next few days.

Re: ...and we are back

Reply #2
Said builder being probably Manuel, whom Basil Fawlty sent to fix the faulty cable on Sybil's orders but he ended up digging thru the wrong one instead, lost in translation as usual.

_'Que?'.

It's great to have my regular HA fix - was going cold-turkey already.

Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #3
Was there another glitch some 5-6 hours ago?
I couldn't access HA then.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #4
Not that we are aware of, that said on a Tuesday night there is a brief outage of HA, some kind of script running I believe which must do something.